Thread: ATW Camping

ATW Camping

Aircraft Camping

Here’s the newest option for EAA Airventure camping: Camp Flying Fox at Appleton International Airport.
    Designed for pilots who want the fun of camping under the stars, 300 yards from an active runway, but would prefer to escape the noise of AirVenture and get a good night’s sleep.

Cost: $20 per night

Guidelines

We won’t make you pull out your FAR/AIM, but we do have a few rules here for you to read.
    Register Now

Reserve your spot now at Camp Flying Fox for EAA 2017
    Maps

Check out the ATW Campgrounds
    Adverse Weather Procedures

What to do in the event of a storm.
    *If you have any other questions or inquiries call Platinum Flight Center at 920-738-3034

But...but..who doesn't want a 6 am wake up alarm from Merlin engines departing runway 27! That's one of my wife's favorite things about Airventure camping! (For me, it is just part of the overall ambience.) The other noise in airplane camping is really pretty minimal after sunset. (I am far enough away from Ron's hooligans in Vintage not to be bothered by them ;-))
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Just a FYI,
    i have stayed in Appleton for previous Airventures and have used the shuttle back and forth. Great service, on time and fairly inexpensive. I am sorry the company names eludes me right now. The only thing I did not like was ( how it was when I last used them), the shuttle did not allow me to stay for the night air shows. I believe it would have been frowned upon me selecting a random tent to crash for the night.
    rick

Banned
    Company is Lamers.