Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: President Trump announces today he is going to revamp Aviation air traffic system.

Put me down as a nay for Privatization and a STRONG YES IN SUPPORT OF NAVAIR.

We dont want to go down the privatization road. Next thing you know we'll be talking with ATC based in Bangladesh. Nothing like outsourcing to really make your day when your eyeballs deep in IMC trying to find some clear sky to point you home. Not for this guy thank you. ATC Does an Amazing job with the resources they are given and if properly equipped, staffed and compensated, imagine the possibilities. Just like the Navy dealing with their crisis shortage of Code 1 F-18's- Thanks Congress!!! way to do your job!!! Greaaat Successs!!! Lol. NOT!!! I would move to replace the entire fleet of 6000 hour plus Rhinos with ALL NEW STATE OF THE ART HARDWARE- BRAND NEW F-18's and F-35C's ACROSS THE BOARD. DOUBLE THE CURRENT CARRIER AIR WINGS. Instead of the current 10 soon to be 9 wings, go to 20. End the ripple effect of sequestration and massive funding delays and Give the Navy what they need to bring the fight to anyone and anywhere on the face of the planet. We need Carrier Air Wing 14. Not do away with it. We need VFC-12. Not cut them to the bare bones minimum. Our Naval Air Forces are the tip of the spear. Truly The Best In The World. BAR NONE! They bring the full faith and might of the United States to anyone who asks for a house call. Delivering 4.5 Acres of Soverign Terrority to anywhere on the globe is an extremely powerful statement. They Deserve nothing short of the BEST. Cetainly Not a Crisis Level State of Combat Readiness. Completely Unacceptable. Typical Congress BS just like turning our ATC into some Cronie for profit Crap would be. We live in the richest nation on earth. It Shouldn't be this hard. Maybe when Trump Releases his taxes he can start to pay his fair share and help out just like the rest of us.

I have always said, if a person making 20 grand a year pays 15% taxes so should a person making 20 million a year. They should also pay 15% in taxes. But many argued this way of thinking. If Mr.Trump takes advantage of the same loop holes as all the others making millions, who can blame him. Oh wait the left can blame him. What I hope he does is remove these loop holes and I believe he will. In my almost 60 years on this earth I have never seen a president take charge as this man has. He is showing everyone how the WH should be ran. IMHO he has the American citizens best interests at heart more then any other president of our time. Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
    We dont want to go down the privatization road. Next thing you know we'll be talking with ATC based in Bangladesh. Nothing like outsourcing to really make your day when your eyeballs deep in IMC trying to find some clear sky to point you home. Not for this guy thank you. ATC Does an Amazing job with the resources they are given and if properly equipped, staffed and compensated, imagine the possibilities. Just like the Navy dealing with their crisis shortage of Code 1 F-18's- Thanks Congress!!! way to do your job!!! Greaaat Successs!!! Lol. NOT!!! I would move to replace the entire fleet of 6000 hour plus Rhinos with ALL NEW STATE OF THE ART HARDWARE- BRAND NEW F-18's and F-35C's ACROSS THE BOARD. DOUBLE THE CURRENT CARRIER AIR WINGS. Instead of the current 10 soon to be 9 wings, go to 20. End the ripple effect of sequestration and massive funding delays and Give the Navy what they need to bring the fight to anyone and anywhere on the face of the planet. We need Carrier Air Wing 14. Not do away with it. We need VFC-12. Not cut them to the bare bones minimum. Our Naval Air Forces are the tip of the spear. Truly The Best In The World. BAR NONE! They bring the full faith and might of the United States to anyone who asks for a house call. Delivering 4.5 Acres of Soverign Terrority to anywhere on the globe is an extremely powerful statement. They Deserve nothing short of the BEST. Cetainly Not a Crisis Level State of Combat Readiness. Completely Unacceptable. Typical Congress BS just like turning our ATC into some Cronie for profit Crap would be. We live in the richest nation on earth. It Shouldn't be this hard. Maybe when Trump Releases his taxes he can start to pay his fair share and help out just like the rest of us.
    Don't hold back. Let us know how you really feel.

What is ATC system in other countries? Is it "privatised" or goverment? I have only used it in Canada and it seeemed much like U S and in the islands I only used min services, not many towers there.
    My impression is in Europe the privatizing discourages gen av flyig and makes it more expensive. Is this true?

I would hate to see any ATC function outsourced to the cheapest bidder. I dont know how close a paralell this is but look at the difference when you telephone reservations at two airlines:
    With United you get someone in the Phillipines most likely. There is a delay for the satellite phone, and the person may speak English. but not understand it as well as U S resident. They are very reluctant to let you talk to a supervisor if there is a problem. Often the wait is longer for anyone to answer.
    When you phone Southwest you get an employee at Southwest and the phone connection will be good and no language problem. Like me they speak two languages, both English and Texan.
    Id hate to try to get flight service briefings like talking to United.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro99 View Post
    Don't hold back. Let us know how you really feel.
    lol