Thread: Cancel two regs for each new one

Cancel two regs for each new one

President Trump issued an excec order that says "For each new regulation, two old ones must be eliminated." A re write of FAR 23 and the new 3rd class medical reg are pending.

Just asking. Which four regs would you like to see eliminated?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    President Trump issued an excec order that says "For each new regulation, two old ones must be eliminated." A re write of FAR 23 and the new 3rd class medical reg are pending.

Just asking. Which four regs would you like to see eliminated?

Bob
    Here's one:
    Eliminate mandatory ADS-B Out for certified airplanes to operate in airspace that currently requires Mode-C by the year 2020.
    Reason:
    RADAR will continue to be operational for at least a decade post-2020, hence there is no real need for small planes to have ADS-B Out in that airspace. They can still be seen by ATC and users of ADS-B.
    Then, when the year 2030 approaches, propose a new ADS-B regulation -- and eliminate two other regulations at that time.

Got a newsletter today (unable to complete download due to this junky Dell passed down to me from my wife) and from what I get, FAA is moving out on this. The FAA Regulatory Reform Task Force (RRTF) will now pick four FARs to dump. Probably their least favorites and not ours.

Bob