Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unwarranted Vintage Oshkosh Chairmen Removal

No, the EAA HQ, the EAA and VAA boards have stonewalled both the parties involved and all of underling volunteers. As near as we can tell by touching any part of the VAA or EAA nobody other the Geoff Robison has any idea what the issue is and he is not talking.

It's a sad state of affairs when an organization is run in this manner. The board members are elected by the membership, it sounds like at the next opportunity there should be a change in leadership. It's one thing to make a decision like this, but to hide and not explain it shows that something else is going on behind the scenes.

Before going all talk radio, we should consider this: It's possible there are good reasons for this action. It's also possible that the board is keeping mum in order to protect the reputations of those dismissed.

I have no inside information, but I've seen this happen in other organizations. Whipping up a frenzy among hundreds of strangers on an Internet forum expresses indignation, but I've never seen it result in anything positive for anyone.

Ron, what reason have they been given as to why they were let go ? I find it hard to imagine they have no clue as to the cause of their dismissal. There are always two sides to a story and most of the time each party will have a very different story to tell. The board may well be afraid of legal action if they tell the story publically.

Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    Ron, what reason have they been given as to why they were let go ? I find it hard to imagine they have no clue as to the cause of their dismissal. There are always two sides to a story and most of the time each party will have a very different story to tell. The board may well be afraid of legal action if they tell the story publically.
    This.

In addition, without some communication by the board, how is the next crop of volunteers to avoid the same fate? "Conduct detrimental to Vintage" isn't exactly a roadmap to avoiding similar situations in the future.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi guys -

I'm stepping in while Glory is in vacation. For now, this thread is locked. In addition, one post was removed because it contained a specific personal attack - remember to always keep it civil and respectful.

If you have questions or concerns, you can follow up with Glory on Monday.

Thanks -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation