Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Airlines Now

For what it's worth, I just returned the day before yesterday from a trip to Saint Croix, USVI, via American Airlines. I was fortunate to have my first class passage paid for by a wealthy friend. The experience was so much more pleasant than sitting in coach, that I can easily understand why folks with the financial means will pay whatever it takes. I flew via Chicago and Miami and all the legs were on time and even a bit early on arrival.

Marty, The media reports news, both good and bad, Blaming the media when you dont like the news is an old but not very valid tact.
    For instance , Boeing had fires with the batteries on new planes, how should the media report that? Or cell phone fires? And what would you have them write the day after Titanic disaster, that the trip will be late?

I dont know your dispute with medicine, and certainly dont know the accuracy of your claimed figures, but that is not transportation and doesnt have anything to do with this airline topic.

The airlines have solved their main issue, that of safety, better than we'd expect. This other problm is minor comparativel, but dismissing it or trying to find a bigger problem to compare it to is not the way to look at it.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 02-03-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=martymayes;60746Floats, have you ever been stuck on a plane for more than 5 hrs? I have. I just didn't think it was that big a deal.

The odds of getting suck on a plane for an unreasonable amount of time is infinitesimal. Time to let it go.[/QUOTE]

When you dump your pants, maybe then you'll believe it's "that big a deal". Until then, you better try not to "let it go".