Hi Guys and Gals,

I realized that although I am keeping a build log on FaceBook and on The Aerodrome websites, I am a member of this association and should be keeping a build log here to share the journey with you all. With that I have some catching up to do. First off I had to build the Flugzeugwerke.

Name:  Fok flugzeugwerke.jpg
Views: 4683
Size:  90.0 KB

I started making tooling, build work tables, and buy an engine (yes that is an old Ford 300 inline straight 6) whih is the epitome of a bullet proof engine. The lathe is an 80 year old Clausing 100 series. I haven't used a lathe since I made dad a center punch in 8th grade shop. Purchased a welder, band saw, seconds in angle grinders and screw guns. Even bought a couple rivet guns since I was originally build all flight surfaces in in AL tubing. I built the tail surfaces in tube and rivet only to realize that I didn't trust a 2000lb plane with a 9 foot propeller giving 1000lbs of thrust to tubes and rivets. I am per Replicraft plans building this plane as a replica.

Name:  Bracket and hinge making tools.jpg
Views: 4478
Size:  92.4 KB
Name:  Fok beast.jpg
Views: 4455
Size:  87.3 KB
Name:  Fok lathe.jpg
Views: 5024
Size:  88.3 KB

Here are some of the parts I have built since September.

Name:  Engine bearer brackets all of them.jpg
Views: 4339
Engine bearer brackets

Name:  Fok 90 degree bending fixture for the press.jpg
Views: 4185
Size:  91.9 KB
Axle blocks

Name:  Fok box O Fokker nuts.jpg
Views: 4243
Size:  91.1 KB
Coweling nuts (Fokker Nuts)

Name:  Fok brake.jpg
Views: 4172
Sheet Metal brake

Name:  fok ball joints.jpg
Views: 4688
Size:  40.6 KB
Ball Forks

Name:  Fok pulleys horizontal stabilizer supports and undercarriage brackets.jpg
Views: 4289
Size:  89.8 KB
Aileron Pulley Assemblies

I have boxes with all my control surface hinges, wire tabs, aileron control cable pulleys and bracketry. Last week I received my order of streamline tubing from Aircraft Spruce and I have an order with Parker Steel in Ohio for most of the metric tubing for the fuselage, associated parts, and the 2 1/8" dia 3/16" wall tubing for my axle. I will post more to bring you guys up to date.

Thanks for reading
Jim