Thread: Bede BD-5 Parts

Bede BD-5 Parts

I am looking for parts for a Bede BD-5 Kit. I only need the fuselage, wings, and under carriage.<BR>If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.<BR>My contact number is 785-893-0242.<BR>Thanks

Have you tried Juan Jimenez's site? Http://www.bd5.com

Nice to see some information on this airplane. The first (and last) time I'd ever seen a BD-5 was at an airshow back in the 80s, I think, with the BD-5J.

Good stuff!
    Interesting side note: his BD-5 site is dedicated to the memory of Princess Diana. That's not an association I'd have ever been able to make on my own.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

There was one doing flight demo's at Copperstate (Casa Grande, AZ) last year. http://bd-micro.com I believe the purpose of them being there was to find customers - as I believe they may have been selling new kits.

There is also a business at my home airport (KAVQ) that operates them. I saw something in one of these news emails about them making a "last flight" in the local area after packing one up to ship to Europe or something. Not sure if they are in the business of building/supporting builders, but at least there's a resource that is currently working with them. http://www.freedomjet.com
    Murphy's 13th: Every solution breeds new problems...

http://www.spoonworld.com

There's a BD-5 Jet being built at Santa Paula Airport in California, by a Mr. Dan Grey. Its gonna be pretty cool, it has a second model airplane engine that will provide auxillary power and even 100ft/min climb with the main engine out.
    -Peter J. Carlson
    © 2011 Peter J. Carlson, All Rights Reserved
    "The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." ~Mark Twain

thanks so much I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by xtmiller View Post
    I am looking for parts for a Bede BD-5 Kit. I only need the fuselage, wings, and under carriage.<BR>If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.<BR>My contact number is 785-893-0242.<BR>Thanks
    Bede BD-5B listed on eBay on 3-15-17, if you're still looking.