Thread: Durand Mark V builders and owners

Durand Mark V builders and owners

I recently acquired the Durand Mark V prototype designed and built by William H Durand. I am wanting to bring together anyone that has started to build, has built or wants to build the all metal stagger wing biplane. I have started a website, www.durandmarkv.com so builders and would be builders will have a place to share information and experience. We presently have two Mark V's being built that I am aware of and want to invite all that are interested.

hi,
    my name is Dan Olson. My Dad and I were long time friends of the DuRand family in Omaha. My Dad actually helped build the DuRand Mark V prototype for Bill. I built and flew a control line model of the Mark V, and then donated it to Bill and I think he kept it in the hangar with the Mark V. The prototype was hangered at Bill's airfield, Sky Ranch Airport in Omaha. not sure if I would be any help, but glad do offer any assistance of the plane as i recollect it.

Hi Dan.......Sorry I was so long in finding your response....check out the website....I have not seen the control line model...I did see a model of the Durand Mark V that Larry Quigley's built. He has since passed away