Thread: Plane Resurrection

Plane Resurrection

If you haven't heard there is a great 6 episode series on Netflix called Plane Resurrection. The show is set in the UK and features the build / rebuild of P-51, PT-17, AT-6, Hurricane, Fokker DR-1 (replica), and Percival twin. They also have a website and Facebook page. Check it out!

Apparently this was produced by Discovery network but not aired in the US. None of the folks on the show are pierced and tattooed freaks with giant attitudes so this clearly wouldn't work on American TV......

We sure could use more "Good TV shows" like this here, in the USA...

Happy Not from Discovery lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Flunkn View Post
    If you haven't heard there is a great 6 episode series on Netflix called Plane Resurrection. The show is set in the UK and features the build / rebuild of P-51, PT-17, AT-6, Hurricane, Fokker DR-1 (replica), and Percival twin. They also have a website and Facebook page. Check it out!

Apparently this was produced by Discovery network but not aired in the US. None of the folks on the show are pierced and tattooed freaks with giant attitudes so this clearly wouldn't work on American TV......
    Well thank you very much for the praise, it is graciously accepted. Sadly not financed by Discovery, as if it was I'd be flying business class lol. So it's my series, thus the Nik Coleman Television moniker, funded by my own wallet and finally looking like we might break even this year. Good news is there is a series 2 coming, you'll find us on Facebook and we're working with the CAF, so it's B24, 25,17,29, P51c, Corsair, and all that other 'boring' stuff.

Thanks everyone for your support it really means a great deal to me.

nik@nikcoleman.com

I binge watched it, and enjoyed it very very much. Great series. would love to see more of it.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by nikcoleman View Post
    Well thank you very much for the praise, it is graciously accepted. Sadly not financed by Discovery, as if it was I'd be flying business class lol. So it's my series, thus the Nik Coleman Television moniker, funded by my own wallet and finally looking like we might break even this year. Good news is there is a series 2 coming, you'll find us on Facebook and we're working with the CAF, so it's B24, 25,17,29, P51c, Corsair, and all that other 'boring' stuff.

Thanks everyone for your support it really means a great deal to me.

nik@nikcoleman.com
    If you did not post a thread on this you should have. There may have been some who could have helped with these builds. I know of a local man who owns a P-51 and I believe a P-47 and a few other war birds. He has a small museum and gives tours by request only. I know these are an elite few and I believe they like helping each other. I was flying my little airplane one day and look over. About a 1/2 mile off my wing there is this man in his P-51 doing barrel rolls. I watched him go out of sight doing barrel rolls.

Tony