Thread: New GoPro Session 5 with Image Stabilization

New GoPro Session 5 with Image Stabilization

Works great and smooths out the wiggles and bumps. Small, light-weight, more aerodynamic than the larger GoPro Hero camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wm8l2vbaIc

IMHO the go-pro is over priced. When it first came out it was cool and the only thing like this on the market. Today there are other camera's that do the same thing if not more for the same amount or less. I like the camera that gives you a 360 degree view. This camera is priced right around what the Go-pro sells for.

Tony

I just got the Gopro Session (not Session 5) and it's far, far better than my old camera (not a Gopro). Minimal prop blur, even without the neutral density filter (which I also bought but haven't used yet). The ability to control the camera from the cockpit via wifi is a big plus. I got one of those 50 piece mount assortments, and putting the camera on an interplane strut is rock solid, where the old camera's video was so wiggly it was unusable.

This was filmed on one of those under 100 buck copies of the Go-pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I just got the Gopro Session (not Session 5) and it's far, far better than my old camera (not a Gopro). Minimal prop blur, even without the neutral density filter (which I also bought but haven't used yet). The ability to control the camera from the cockpit via wifi is a big plus. I got one of those 50 piece mount assortments, and putting the camera on an interplane strut is rock solid, where the old camera's video was so wiggly it was unusable.

Very nice video Dana. I like your airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by FunInAviation View Post
    Works great and smooths out the wiggles and bumps. Small, light-weight, more aerodynamic than the larger GoPro Hero camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wm8l2vbaIc
    I've been wondering about the smaller GoPro form factor. This is the first user comment I've read. Thanks for the pirep!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Great video Dana! Finding the sweet spot on your airplane is a great help. Here's an article about it:

http://www.funplacestofly.com/blog.asp?ID=1667