Thread: Camp Scholler Pet Area

Camp Scholler Pet Area

We are considering bring our dogs to Airventure (please lets not debate if we should or should not) but in looking at the camp Scholler online map I don't see a pet camping area. There is a pet walking area near the dump station. I thought there used to be a pet camping area near the 24 hr generator area. Has this been changed? Can we camp anywhere with pets? The guidelines say pets must be on leashes, be cleaned up after, and not be a nuisance, but I did not see a specific camping area.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorrison123 View Post
    thought there used to be a pet camping area near the 24 hr generator area. Has this been changed? Can we camp anywhere with pets? The guidelines say pets must be on leashes, be cleaned up after, and not be a nuisance, but I did not see a specific camping area.
    You are right, for 2017 the designated pet camping area looks to have been swallowed up by "24 hr generator area" so either they left details out of the map or there is no designated pet camping area. Last year we had neighbors on sunrise between Elm and Lindberg with pets and it was cool. Anyone complains and we refer them to Guido - they don't complain anymore.

Feel free to send any questions to our Camp Scholler contact as well!

campscholler@eaa.org

I have volunteered in the campground for several years, and yes, they did away with the area. Just use common sense as you described. Hope that helps.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org