Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HUGE Super 8 Appleton disappointment today

I haven't camped at Scholler, because I always camp with my airplane. I've been in the North 40, the North North 40 (north side of 9-27), Vintage, and the South 40 (aka North Fond du Lac). But except for the occasional violent storm, I've always had good experiences, with good neighbors. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, either.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Love to camp under the wings and actually Oshkosh has pretty much everything available you need on site. I've been known to slip over to Friar Tucks for some air conditioning and an adult beverage. I guess the only downside is showering with a bunch of strangers. I had all the "to-gatherness" I wanted during my Air Force days.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Well just look on the bright side, depending on how the Supreme Court rules on a related upcoming case, you may be able to simply proclaim you are a woman trapped in a mans body and there after use the womens showers

The new shower building at the North 40 also has some individual shower rooms on the north side of the building, if you need to avoid "to-gatherness". I tried it once, but I don't like them much, because it doesn't take very long for it to get pretty foggy in there. I prefer the community showers, which still give a modicum of privacy.

Cary

Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    Well just look on the bright side, depending on how the Supreme Court rules on a related upcoming case, you may be able to simply proclaim you are a woman trapped in a mans body and there after use the womens showers
    No, can use the bathroom of whatever gender you "identify with" until we spend gazillions of dollars building "gender neutral" facilities.

I thought we already had gender neutral facilities at AirVenture. The are blue plastic and about 3x3x8. Found at many locations and are often very popular just when you need one, whatever your identification may be at the moment.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

While usefull they do have a certain aire about them.

I have a very limited budget and I can only afford to stay for a couple of days. I always make my reservations in January or February. For the last few years I have stayed at the Americinn in West Bend. I was paying about $88 a night and never had a problem with them trying to change my rate. When I went to make reservations two weeks ago the rate was $135. I ended up booking the Red Roof in Milwaukee for $71. It's a longer drive but $64 a day is a lot of money to me. I agree with Floatsflyer. Your confirmed booking is a valid contract and they have to honor it.

Camping is a whole lot less expensive and a whole lot more fun!

Cary