Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADS-B out issue with aerobatics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question ADS-B out issue with aerobatics?

I received an email from IAC about a problem with ADSB out and aerobatics. Just spent a few minutes on the IAC website looking for an update and could find nothing on the subject at all.

What gives?

Re: ADS-B out issue with aerobatics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I received an email from IAC about a problem with ADSB out and aerobatics. Just spent a few minutes on the IAC website looking for an update and could find nothing on the subject at all.

What gives?
    Hi Ernie.

I agree, that information belongs on the IAC web site. We'll fix that oversight shortly and I'll post back here when it's done.

Regards,
    DJ Molny, Webmaster
    International Aerobatic Club
    webmaster@iac.org

DJ Molny brought my attention to this thread and I have provided him a short article a few minutes ago with an update. He can announce when it is up on the IAC website.

Mike Heuer
    President, IAC

Hi Ernie.

The info is now up on the web site: https://www.iac.org/news/2016-12-17-ads-b-update

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,
    DJ Molny, Webmaster
    International Aerobatic Club
    webmaster@iac.org

Thanks! I am likely never going beyond Primary, but I have been considering ADS-B since I need to replace my transponder and the Trig solution looks appealing. And a loop is a loop for ADS-B I suspect.

One of our members wrote the following -- in another forum -- and I invite your comments.

Has there been any mention of the "diversity" option (antennas top and bottom) available on some ADS-B transponders and UATs? Just curious; I fly with both a WAAS (GNS-420) and non-WAAS GPS onboard, and I notice that the WAAS takes up to several minutes to lock back on to the satellites after returning to straight and level, which would no doubt obviate any advantage in the "diversity" antenna solution unless the GPS unit is so equipped as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    What gives?
    And another question, does ADSB go back to normal in non-aero flight? Another way to ask that, is the non-compliance only while doing the acro or does it "tumble" $ome $ystem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    And another question, does ADSB go back to normal in non-aero flight? Another way to ask that, is the non-compliance only while doing the acro or does it "tumble" $ome $ystem?
    From our conversation with FAA and looking at the printouts, that is what it shows. It goes back to "green" when in normal flight.

Mike Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heuer View Post
    From our conversation with FAA and looking at the printouts, that is what it shows. It goes back to "green" when in normal flight.

Mike Heuer
    Thank you. Seems this is a non-problem in search of an FAA-approved $olution?