Thread: December Warbirds

December Warbirds

Just got my December issue of Warbirds and I wanted to say that it is a great issue. I want to point out. Particular the article on The aircraft of Pearl Harbor and Warbirds AirVenture 2016 Walk Around. The walk around seemed like the author/photographer did a great job of including an example of every Warbird type on the ground during AV. As owner of a plane categorized as an L Bird by WoA, I was happy to see the inclusion of all of L Birds. As we tried to point out during Warbirds in Review in 2015, some warbirds are approachable for the typical person who owns/operates a GA airplane -- and some could even be considered "family friendly."

this is important as as it provides an opportunity to broaden the appeal of WoA, attract new members -- many of whom may not fly any airplane at all -- and most importantly, generate new interest in preserving and displaying our flying history.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Many thanks for the feedback, Chris! The "Aircraft of Pearl Harbor" piece was originally meant for the AirVenture Program, but we didn't have the space, so I was really happy to see it find a good home in Warbirds.

Regards -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation