Thread: My Cuba Post

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Cuba Post

Did my post about Cuba, then and now, relate to EAA and warbirds? Certainly did.
    This year at Osh one of the presentations was about U S pilots flying into Cuba. I recall that there are a number of airports, 12 or 14 I think, 2 main ones with avgas, and a few good hotels but many lesser ones and service is not up to what we'd expect here. I dont recall much else of the lecture, but on other forums I have seen many people express a desire to visit, preferably in their plane, Cuba. Many people fly into the Caribbean and there are lectures on this at EAA each year. Cuba may be moving that way and it is certainly a fit topic for EAA.
    As for our past with Cuba, it certainly has to do with warbirds. The missiles in Cuba were discovered by U2 flights, and other recon flights including one that was shot down were made over Cuba. These were certainly warbirds, as were the A26 s which took part on the Bay of Pigs invasion, and Ive seen both on display at EAA.
    My topic was not focusing on Fidel's politics, other than relates to avaition then and now. But I dont see the topic this morning, perhaps someone still has a grudge about Cuba and even a mention of vistiting there upsets them. Too bad, dont think most in the U S feel that way.
    There was one reaction to my post that was emotional, but that is not what I wrote and not my post.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 11-30-2016 at 11:31 PM.