Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EAA Director Killed in Crash

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Saw that sad news early Friday.

I very seldom go to the EAA web site; this forum is my primary portal into the EAA and to many of my fellow members.

Please consider automatically post a copy of all news releases to a thread here on the forum. The thread could be titled "EAA News" and should be a thread that can not be replied to. That should be quick and easy to set up, and would serve many of us well. Remember, it is better to over-communicate than to under-comminucate.

Thanks,

BJC
    Let me make sure I understand your request of EAA. You want them to duplicate all press releases posted on the EAA website by ensuring they are also posted on the EAA Forum because you "seldom" go to the website. EAA should do this for you because you are:
    A) too lazy to type 3 key strokes
    B) amazingly entitled
    C)a minority of one
    D)royalty
    E)egomaniacal

Choose all that apply and submit to no one in particular because your request is absurd and over reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Glory:

Saw that sad news early Friday.

I very seldom go to the EAA web site; this forum is my primary portal into the EAA and to many of my fellow members.

Please consider automatically post a copy of all news releases to a thread here on the forum. The thread could be titled "EAA News" and should be a thread that can not be replied to. That should be quick and easy to set up, and would serve many of us well. Remember, it is better to over-communicate than to under-comminucate.

Thanks,

BJC
    Hi Byron,

I appreciate your feedback, however, there are multiple outlets to receive our many news releases. One of our most popular is our weekly e-newsletter, eHotline. I also post most news releases to Facebook as soon as they are released and of course, the news section on our website which is updated immediately. I understand that the EAA Forums is your main source of information, but there are quicker and more efficient ways of receiving this information that reaches a broader spectrum of our audience. We try our best to get the word out about important news updates as best we can.

I appreciate your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Let me make sure I understand your request of EAA. You want them to duplicate all press releases posted on the EAA website by ensuring they are also posted on the EAA Forum because you "seldom" go to the website. EAA should do this for you because you are:
    A) too lazy to type 3 key strokes
    B) amazingly entitled
    C)a minority of one
    D)royalty
    E)egomaniacal

Choose all that apply and submit to no one in particular because your request is absurd and over reaching.
    Can't we all be friends? I agree that the request to post all news releases on the EAA Forums is out of reach, especially as we try to get the word out where we can, as best we can, and that doesn't always include the Forums. But... it was just a request. Everyone is entitled to providing feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc., and I openly accept them although I may not always be able to accommodate them.

There is no reason to present a personal attack for a thought you disagree with and serves no place on the EAA Forums.

I don't know about you guys, but I would like to open my "new posts" thread every morning and not dread the fires I will have to put out.

Cheers,
    Glory

Banned
    Glory,

Yes, we can and are all friends with a common interest that bonds us all. But sometimes personal interests want to overtake the common general interests and that results in differences of opinion which of course should not be stifled but encouraged because it culminates in healthy debate. I did not think I was engaging in a personal attack. I was not responding to the actual request of the poster but to his raison d'être for the request which I found upsetting.

Anyways, provide me with the benefit of the doubt as I am suffering from the prolonged influences and impacts of DT Syndrome, a very recently diagnosed medical condition for which I have sought out counselling. These are militant times. Everyone is eager to join a team.Everyone has a strong opinion. Everyone is mad about something. Wish me well.