Thread: Sport Pilot Training

Sport Pilot Training

If you've decided that Sport Pilot is the type of flying you want to do, is the training for Sport Pilot generic? Meaning, do you first need to decide what type of aircraft, say, fixed wing or gyro, that you want to fly or is the Sport Pilot part of the training for either one, the same but with the additional training specific to the type of aircraft you want to fly.

You train in the type of aircraft you want to fly. Later, you can get additional training in other types and then get the appropriate logbook endorsement.

The one that's problematic is gyro; there are very few gyro instructors so you may have to travel. In that case it may be best to get the certificate in airplanes or powered parachutes, and then add the gyro endorsement.

Thanks Dana.

I really want to go thru the EAA Academy, so obviously fixed wing. But at some point I would like to also fly Gyroplanes, as a Sport Pilot of coarse.
    Last edited by Mike A; 11-05-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Another thing you should really look at is the site you do your training at. Do they have more than one Light Sport qualified aircraft for training you in. i currently have all of the qualification time, and training to take the check ride, however the aircraft that i have available to me has been broken since about November first.
    this also throws another problem at me, i am no longer current with the 3 hours prep time required with the CFI, so here is the problem, have all the necessary time, but no aircraft to practice in, or continue preparing for the big test.

this is Ohio, so weather changes in minutes, and driving 2 hours to find bad weather is no fun for anyone.

Robert

If you are still looking to do your Sport Pilot please checkout http://LightSportMan.com it has a lot of information that can help you..
    Johnathan Mark Smith
    LightSport Man
    Make it a "PRODUCTIVE" day!

Certified Flight Instructor – Sport (CFI-S) | Pilot | Remote Pilot | Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI) | Light Sport Enthusiast | Consultant | Author

phone. (646)574-9521
    twitter. @LightSportMan
    email. LightSportMan@gmail.com
    web. https://lightsportman.com