Thread: 1941 Taylorcraft BC12-65D Vh speed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1941 Taylorcraft BC12-65D Vh speed?

I am trying to determine the Vh speed for a 1941 Taylocraft BC12-65D for the purpose of the greater than or less than 87 knot endorsement for sport pilot certificate. Anyone know this one or how to accurately determine the Vh?

As a starter, I would google "TCDS" and "BC12-65D". You should open "A-696" the Type Certificate Data Sheet for the Taylorcraft BC-12 family. In there you will find the maximum airspeed in level flight. I realize that this is not exactly Vh, but it should give you starting point. Pete

Thank you very much Pete!

speed

Never got mind above 90 MPH never more Knots

If you get a definitive answer, please let us know. If it's less, good... if it's greater, as I understand it even though I have a PPL I can't fly, say, a Quicksilver without an endorsement (even though I have lots of ultralight time) if I don't have a current medical?

Mine would cruise 95 at 2150 rpm with the windows closed in smooth air, but only if I dove a bit to get it on the "step"... it wouldn't accelerate to 95 in level flight.

Check in with taylorcraft.org for all the info there is on t-craft. All 65 hp b model t-crafts can be flown by sport pilot rated aviators. My daughter in law got her sport pilot licence flying a '41.