Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some more paint upgrades using rattle can paint system.

Some more paint upgrades using rattle can paint system.

I believe this looks much better. I redid the blue on my fuselage.

Here is a before pic.

Name:  SAM_5661.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  93.7 KB

Some after pics:

Name:  SAM_6105.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  96.8 KB Name:  SAM_6108.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  97.5 KB Name:  SAM_6125.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  77.4 KB Name:  SAM_6123.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  81.1 KB Name:  SAM_6119.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  82.8 KB Name:  SAM_6135.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  75.5 KB

Tony
    Last edited by 1600vw; 10-19-2016 at 02:12 PM.

I should mention it cost around 40 bucks to do this little project. That is for the paint, tape, sand paper, cleaner ect..

I should also mention the paint used was an automotive style paint not a hardware store type of paint. My local Auto paint supply house set me up with this rattle can system I use. This is what the can looks like. On the bottom of the can is a button. You push this button to release the hardener into the paint. Once you do this, the paint in the can now has a shelf or pot life. I have picked up a can after sitting all night in a cold place like the frig. and used it the next day. But after a period of time it gets hard in the can.

I used this rattle can system for the first time five years ago. That repair has held up great and looks as this repair was done yesterday.

Name:  SAM_5636.jpg
Views: 1485
Size:  83.8 KB Name:  SAM_5638.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  89.6 KB
    Last edited by 1600vw; 10-20-2016 at 04:29 AM.

I think the vertical should be painted blue along with the rudder. Or should I just paint the rudder blue putting the same design as on the wings? Or should the complete rudder be painted blue? What do you think of this color scheme and should it be on the vertical and the rudder. I am thinking of painting my N number back on and no stickers for that. Either painting it yellow on a blue vertical or red on blue. Red N numbers may look good or maroon n numbers may look nice also. Or is this to much blue on this yellow and blue airplane?

What is your thoughts on this

Wow..800 views and not one comment. Speaks volumes as to the state of the EAA and aviation in general. I am told join the EAA if you want camaraderie with other like minded aviation folks. I tried that at all the local chapters and I have tried that here. I could not find anything local so I turned to this forum. I guess I am not welcome or maybe I smell. No Idea but this is not what I expected when I joined the EAA almost 5 years ago. I joined to be part of something. There is nothing here to be a part of if I am doing it alone. I can do that on my own airfield as I do.

You will not hear from me again on this forum. I am exiting stage left, if anyone cares and I am sure you don't.

Good bye.

I just saw this today. I like the way it sits now. Painting the vertical or rudder might be to much.

Nice looking plane - no responses to your thread after only two days does NOT in my humble opinion indicate a lack of fellowship, but a LOT of people don't surf the 'net till the weekend? I rarely post on forums unless I have something to 'add' to the discussion. And many of my posts don't achieve 'instant' response either. I don't much take it personally.

Interaction with the world on the web does sometimes call for a rather think skin.

Yes I should not have had the attitude I did. I apologize to everyone.

I am not sure if I will paint the tail blue, it's a thought.. We will see.

Tony

I am also going to address the cowl. I was thinking about putting shark teeth on it and the eye's on the valve covers. Or put nose art on the cowl and no teeth or eye's. Something like what you would find on an old WWII airplane. I am leaning more and more towards the shark teeth and eye's but again we will see.

Needs a pinstripe

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I am also going to address the cowl. I was thinking about putting shark teeth on it and the eye's on the valve covers. Or put nose art on the cowl and no teeth or eye's. Something like what you would find on an old WWII airplane. I am leaning more and more towards the shark teeth and eye's but again we will see.
    Think the blue tail would look funny. If it were mine I would add a pinstripe to separate the colors.