Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Harbin View Post
TB,

Thanks for your thoughts.

There are some useful new features in 2017. I agree that I find plenty of help available on line and for free I don't expect any help from a VAR. At the same time I believe in keeping software up to date. In general software companies release updates to fix problems so their software works better to keep customers buying and recommending their software. I've had enough trouble creating my first parts and assemblies and would be disappointed to find out it wasn't me but a bug which could have been avoided if I had just been able to update the software. When I contact software companies with problems their first question is always do I have the latest updates for that version of their software. The answer right now would be no.

Right now I'm having fun modeling my 1926 WACO NINE, so many more projects to do.
I spoke with GSC and they said that Dassault Systemes will not offer patches/updates to the SDK EAA Maker Edition. They update the software one time per year and release it at the end of the school year (they said "May timeframe") to give schools that use the software time to update the software over the summer.

I am currently working on obtaining the Student Engineering Kit for our members. If they approve it, I'm hoping to have that by AirVenture.

Thanks, Dennis!

Cory