Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do we get updates to the Student - EAA maker Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Harbin View Post
    TB,

Thanks for your thoughts.

There are some useful new features in 2017. I agree that I find plenty of help available on line and for free I don't expect any help from a VAR. At the same time I believe in keeping software up to date. In general software companies release updates to fix problems so their software works better to keep customers buying and recommending their software. I've had enough trouble creating my first parts and assemblies and would be disappointed to find out it wasn't me but a bug which could have been avoided if I had just been able to update the software. When I contact software companies with problems their first question is always do I have the latest updates for that version of their software. The answer right now would be no.

Right now I'm having fun modeling my 1926 WACO NINE, so many more projects to do.
    I spoke with GSC and they said that Dassault Systemes will not offer patches/updates to the SDK EAA Maker Edition. They update the software one time per year and release it at the end of the school year (they said "May timeframe") to give schools that use the software time to update the software over the summer.

I am currently working on obtaining the Student Engineering Kit for our members. If they approve it, I'm hoping to have that by AirVenture.

Thanks, Dennis!

Cory

Wow, that would incredible Cory, if you could get the engineering kit. I have a license for SW Professional, but (as I recall) there were a few things in the engineering kit that I don't have--so I for one would take advantage of that upgrade!

TB

Cory,
    "I am currently working on obtaining the Student Engineering Kit for our members. If they approve it, I'm hoping to have that by AirVenture." What does that do? Thanks, Mark

Cory has been working with Dassault Systemes. They release an update for the Student edition once a year in May so schools can update their software over the summer break, that's why it's the 2016-2017 version. May is not far off. I appreciate that they are letting us have access to the software and a once a year update is a fair trade. There are some 2017 features I would like to use so I'll be looking forward to making the update.

Hopefully he can let us know when the update is available and how to load it.

I have my first parts and an assembly done for my WACO NINE. I'm modeling the wing rib now. Good fun.

Thanks again Cory,

Dennis