Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Quick Humor

Some Quick Humor

It seems to me that this forum has gotten kind of stale, there are topics that no one even comments on for weeks and even the active one is mostly by the same half dozen or so of us.
    We need more people writing more about more things.
    Maybe it would help to have new or different topics, perhaps one on safety. Or maybe one on Humor. In the attempt to bring some badly needed humor to the site, I offer the following, which I cant take credit for making up , this came from the newspaper. And read them quickly because someone with tender feet will likely protest that this is stepping on someones toes.
    Headline From The 2nd Debate:
    1. He calls her " The Devil" . The real Satan protests that he is insulted. P S, another critic actually said "she smells sulfurous" . Really, not making that up
    2. American women call for building a wall around him.
    3. Offer to take women voters "shopping for furniture" not selling well in the suburbs.
    4. Kim Jong-Un , Putin, and Assad all applaud his plan to jail opponent.
    In hard times, or any times, a sense of humor is a good thing. Hope some of you have enough humor to enjoy these, and take it for a joke, no need to try to make a serious or partisan thing. There were a few others but I edited some out that were not P G rated. The author is Fitsimmonds?
    Not many could dispute that we are having some hard times nowadays.

But on a serious note, it in a way is a good thing, and in lots of other parts of the world they would not even have this process.
    Sir Winston Churchill, once said when questioned about the flaws in English government, specifically the justice system said, "It is the worst one, except for all the other ones in the world."
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 10-12-2016 at 12:26 PM.

I believe it would help if people started acting civil to each other. Remember what your Mom told you..If you do not have nothing nice to say say nothing. What I find interesting is when someone posts and they have been a member here for longer then I and have single digit's in postings or 15 or so posts. Become a member and be active. If you become a member then do nothing you may as well stayed a stranger to the group.

But as to the post. You think we are having hard times now, bring in all these people who hate america and see what happens. You know back in the 70's-to now we watched on TV as these groups burned our flag, stomped on it and called us all sorts of names. Now our powers at be want to bring these people here in groves or 100 thousand at a time. They don't believe these people will do us harm. They are a bunch of idiot's.

If Hillary gets in, you think it's bad now, just wait until she opens our borders. We where told back in the 50's and 60's that we would be over thrown by using our own system against us and the politicians would turn us over to the enemy. I laughed when I heard this. I am not laughing today.

But on a serious note...

and....it's turned political.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    and....it's turned political.

Ron Wanttaja

Shocking!!!!

1600, My posts is about humor, it is not about any one candidate and it is not about some group or groups of people outside the U S who may want to harm us. But any idea that outsideres wanting to harm us is somehow new or uniqe ignores history, when Germany, Japan and later China and Russia became our enemies. And N Korea has been for some time. And some of what you say is just a bit over the line, dont think our current main current enemies were here in the 70s, flag or not.

How about sticking to the theme of humor, post something funny if you have it. Next best thing would be to get other people, as I said to write more on the forum about more things.

If not, be polite enough to go start your own topic and not try to distort this one. Thanks

P S if I was running this forum I would strongly condider having one topic where political discussion was alloweed , even encouraged, If someone was offended , just dont read it, much like I am unlikely to read some topic about diesel or electric planes.

I do really enjoy humor and there are some funny cartoon/editorials in the newspaper, many of which have a ploitical theme since that is what is in the news now. Last year there may have been some about Tom Brady and deflated footballs when that was timely.
    Some pretty famous people have been known for their humor, ie Churchill, Regan etc. And for as we know some bad ones, Hitler, Kim Jong Un, dont have a sense of humor.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 10-13-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    P S if I was running this forum I would strongly condider having one topic where political discussion was alloweed , even encouraged, If someone was offended , just dont read it, much like I am unlikely to read some topic about diesel or electric planes.
    The Pilots of America forum had that for years. But they eliminated their "Anything Goes" section a couple of months back. All the rancor there was spilling into the non-political subjects. Joe Smith would post something innocuous, and his regular opponent would come back with "And that's just the attitude I'd expect from a wussie liberal/damn fascist" and the fight would be back on.

Some pretty famous people have been known for their humor, ie Churchill, Regan etc. And for as we know some bad ones, Hitler, Kim Jong Un, dont have a sense of humor.
    Like you say, "As far as we know." We tend to see only the evil, and lose track of the human being behind the public façade. Read John Toland's "Adolph Hitler" for some surprising details of Hitler's personality, including his sense of humor.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Shocking!!!!
    I'm just shocked it took over 24 hours. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

How about sticking to the theme of humor, post something funny if you have it.
    Walter Atkinson was leading a formation of two Beech 18s into Cadillac, Michigan, when the formation had to break up in bad weather. Minneapolis Center said' "Say your intentions." Walter replied, "My intention is to not look stupid on the NTSB report."

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    Walter Atkinson was leading a formation of two Beech 18s into Cadillac, Michigan, when the formation had to break up in bad weather. Minneapolis Center said' "Say your intentions." Walter replied, "My intention is to not look stupid on the NTSB report."
    Now that is funny...ROTFLMAO

"Not to look stupid on an NTSB report."
    Absolute winner! Something all of us have thought at one time or another, especially when IMC!

(Note: I often say the Alan Shepard prayer between run up and taking the active: "Please God, don't let me screw up.")
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com