Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solidworks Edition expired

Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    That seems to have worked. Working with CATIA, I often thought that the French were just messing with us; inventing weird problems so they could laugh at frustrating the Anglo-Saxons. (They may still be upset about that Joan of Arc barbecue.) Now I need to find out if a CATIA operator can transition to SolidWorks.
    Thanks for the update, Bob! I will add this to the first post in this FAQ.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    ... Now I need to find out if a CATIA operator can transition to SolidWorks.
    FYI, SW can open CATIA (.cgr) files, but the translation loses the build history, same as IGES, STEP, ParaSolid, etc.
    I think you'll find SW to be more intuitive than CATIA.

I believe that there's a registry edit required to *cleanly* remove SOLIDWORKS, when trying to install a new (i.e.; differently-licensed) version. I don't recall exactly what I had to do, but I found a solution for a very similar problem via Google--and had to do a registry edit to remove the key(s) that SW had placed there. Otherwise no matter what I did, SW thought that I was just trying the same version of it time and time again. Groundhog day, to be sure.

If anyone needs more information, I can probably find a link to the procedure I used before to get this working.

TB