Thread: Nephew of Dean Hammond --- Anyone know of him ?

Nephew of Dean Hammond --- Anyone know of him ?

In an old EAA article a member named Zac (Zac and Doris Howard) restored a Hammond 100 biplane. In the article it talked about the fact that Zac knew the nephew of the Dean Hammond who built the airplane (one of seven of them). In the article (VA, 9-Sept-1995) it stated that the nephew found four sets of the blueprints, the engineering documents, and the original type certificate.

Also a Joe Araldi (EAA 70897, A/C 9081) was a friend who flew the airplane when zac lost his medical and may know something.

The current owner does not have that paperwork.

I am trying to find the nephew to see if he still has it.

Anyone with a lead, please let me know. I know this is a needle in the haystack.

Thank you, James

James Douglas.

Byron J. Covey
    You might try asking the membership of Chapter 454 in Lakeland.

BJC

Hammond 100 (aka Parks P1-H aircraft is listed on Barnstormers right now. Contact Bruce F. Flannery, Gladstone, MI, 926-428-2292

Quote Originally Posted by jhurdle View Post
    Hammond 100 (aka Parks P1-H aircraft is listed on Barnstormers right now. Contact Bruce F. Flannery, Gladstone, MI, 926-428-2292
    Thanks...I am talking with Bruce on buying the airplane. That us why I am trying to find the nephew. I want to see if he held onto any of the documentation that was talked about in the 1995 VAA article on Zac Howards restoration. Bruce found some of it, perhaps all of it. But, if I can find the nephew then I can be sure. Bruce does not know the nephew or his name/location.

James.