Thread: 1941 Culver Cadet rebuild

1941 Culver Cadet rebuild

This appears about a two year project. The plane is complete which helps. It has a 90 H.P. Franklin engine with 30 hours on it but must be checked out. Parts are available so it should be no problem. There is a web site of progress. woodysculverrebuild.com Possibly looking for a c 85 to rebuild with 0200 crank. Looking to set up as a static display at events in the future. This airframe has just over 500 total hours on it and comes with complete documitation and logs since it rolled out of the factory in August, 1941. Comments are welcome and any help appreciated.
    Last edited by oowiee; 11-10-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added link.

FYI - Hallmark's aviation-related Christmas ornament this year is a Culver Cadet. Act fast, these things sell out quickly!

Neal LaFrances Culver STF

Have you seen Neal's STF (Steel Tube Fuselage) I designed and built his new Cowl for this plane. he has a rebuilt C-85 with an 0-200 crank, a 4 inch prop extension and a re-pitched C-152 prop. Its a screamer, 157 MPH cruise. its ironic because when we finished the cowl, I took one look and said, that looks just like a Mooney M-21, well it should!! Al Mooney designed the original Culver Cadet for Culver Aircraft.

Name:  Culver.jpg
Views: 2833
Size:  53.1 KB Name:  Culver STF.jpg
Views: 3863
Size:  88.6 KB
    Last edited by Mark Calder; 11-10-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks for the info. I have read about Neal's plane and the info is important to me. I intend to hide the antenna's and streamline it with spats and clean it up all I can. This plane is certified so I will have to stay in the guidelines but sure would love to hang a 100 or 125 on it. It will be painted for air shows etc. Thanks again. W