Thread: Scam warning

Scam warning

This morning I got a new form of what must be a scam so Id like to warn others.

I looked at my emails and there was one that said "Im still waiting for your reply, and it was signed by a friend who is a long time warbird pilot.
    Since I had not seen any previous message from him, I had no idea what if anything I was supposed to reply to, I phoned my friend and he said he hadnt sent me any message and had not idea of it at all and did not usually sign his the way this was.
    So someone has gotten the name of a friend and is trying to get me to reply to a post using this name. Dont know what would have happened if I had replied, but likley would be a problem.

This usually happens when someone hacks into one of the "free" email accounts, such as Hotmail, Gmail, etc. The hacker may change the password, but regardless, gets into the victim's address book and sends these out.

don't even have to be "hacked" can be a spoofed email which can happen to anyone. You haven't been spoofed until you get an email from yourself that you didn't send, lol.