Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultralight / Sub 87 Kt. Sport Pilot Training

Dana I would sell shares in this mxII. Everyone is an owner. Once the training is over the student sells his/her share to the next student. This would be a club for training were everyone owns a share. No LODA needed going this route and many are doing this for this reason.

My 2 cents.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Dana I would sell shares in this mxII. Everyone is an owner. Once the training is over the student sells his/her share to the next student. This would be a club for training were everyone owns a share. No LODA needed going this route and many are doing this for this reason.
    That was awhile ago (the plane belonged to a deceased friend and has since been sold). At this point I'm not as interested... I recently did some unpaid informal (because I'm not a CFI yet) transition training in a Quicksilver owned by the student and although I enjoyed it and it convinced my I want to get my CFI, I've had my fill of Quicksilver flying for the moment. It's more academic interest right now.

It was an odd situation... guy bought a [different] Quick but his insurance company required 5 hours dual in it. He found a willing CFI, but the insurance wouldn't cover the CFI as he didn't have recent Quick time. I did, so the insurance company said it was OK if I checked out the CFI for 5 hours, then he could in turn check out the owner. I also flew with the owner, and had the use of the plane to fly with friends and family during that time (my own plane is a single seater).

Many have suggested the "flying club" "shared ownership" dodge for instruction in a ELSA, but I don't know if it's ever been closely examined by the FAA.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    I believe Jon Thornburg is no longer instructing. Contact me for fixed wing, WSC, PPC or gyro. Land or sea. CFIG1467368@yahoo.com.
    Jedi---I just was in communication with Jon. He has returned to instructing at Torrance Ca. after having to take some time off for a medical issue.