Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight to Oshkosh 2017- From Miami

You can rent a car to be picked up right at the Osh terminal or FBO, try them on line as you need a reservation well in advance. Expensive as heck tho. Also in FLD since you are coming from the south. There is of course, pretty good bus service all around EAA if you dont have a car. Just a bit hard to go out at night or away from the field as convenient.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 06-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Next to that you might need to try Appleton, about 18 miles away?

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Vargas View Post
    Oshkosh is getting closer! I have another question: When you fly in, can you rent a car to be picked up and returned at Oshkosh airport? or do you need a ride to a city close by?
    Despite there being no scheduled air service into Oshkosh anymore, I think Hertz still has a desk in the terminal. I've run people over there to retrieve rentals before.

As a result of not having a car when I've flown in, I don't know much about the town of Oshkosh. But my purpose in being at OSH isn't to see the town, it's to experience Airventure. There is so much to do on the airport grounds, all day long and into the evening. Except for an annual party that I attend off the airport grounds (to which I usually bicycle, but it's close enough that I've walked, also), the only times I leave the airport is to do some laundry and to go to a couple of the nearby restaurants, plus taking the bus to the Seaplane Base a couple of times during the week.

Transportation into town, for shopping and such, is available by bus--I haven't used it for that--and transportation on the airport is pretty thorough, by bus and tram. My point is that for the most part, a car just isn't necessary--an unnecessary expense to add to an already expensive week.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee