Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Amelia Earhart Story

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More Amelia Earhart Story

In the news today, more from Ric Gillespie, TIGHAR, about Amelia. Pretty much the same claim, that she landed on Nikumora Is. and became a castaway. About the only semblance of a fact is his claim that some radio signals were picked up that must have come from her, one supposedly by a teenage girl in Florida! Ric claims that she must have been running the engine after landing to power the radio! Think of the liikelhood of this, finding a tiny island, making a good enough landing so that the plane would be sitting on its gear in order to run an engine, despite the message saying they were injured. But no trace of the plane has ever been found.
    TIGHAR, the int group for historical aircraft " RECOVERY", as for as I know has never recovered any historical aircraft. But they can sure twist a good yarn.
    The latest trip to look for Amelia will be in submarines!
    I have followed the Amelia story with some depth and think the likelhood of them ditching at sea is 90% with a small possiblity of finding another island and being captured by Japanese soldiers. no real evidence of either.

Banned
    That TIGHAR news today is same old, same old.

Bill, you must have missed the more earth shattering recent press release and tweet put out by Trump today. Trump said, "I know where Amelia Earhart is, I'm the only one in the entire world who does. And on day one, on day one folks, I'm going to go get her and prove she's alive. I'm telling you this is going to be a great find and it's going to be tremendous, just tremendous folks, trust me, trust me......

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post

Bill, you must have missed the more earth shattering recent press release and tweet put out by Trump today. Trump said, "I know where Amelia Earhart is, I'm the only one in the entire world who does. And on day one, on day one folks, I'm going to go get her and prove she's alive. I'm telling you this is going to be a great find and it's going to be tremendous, just tremendous folks, trust me, trust me......
    Floats,
    Please do your research. The quote ended in " Believe me, believe me" ;-)
    Rck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Floats,
    Please do your research. The quote ended in " Believe me, believe me" ;-)
    Rck
    Thank you for the correction. You'd think I'd know by now the crap script this guy expells.

Thank you for the correction. You'd think I'd know by now the crap script this guy expells.
    As long as there's a buck to be made, TIGHAR will continue seeking free press and OPM.

Every time TIGHAR runs short of funds, it seems, they find a new piece of information that positively identifies where she was. Press release, request for more money.

Hillary knows where she is. But she deleted the info in her e-mails.

I actually know where Amelia is, just heard from her this morning. I can even arrange a meeting with her, minor cost involved say $2000 and some travel necessary. And this is factual. P S she looks good for her age.

Gents - please drop the political jesting. There are plenty of other forums for those kinds of remarks.

Zack

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    Gents - please drop the political jesting. There are plenty of other forums for those kinds of remarks.

Zack
    Agreed! Like my daddy told me, "never talk about politics, religion or sex." Well maybe........
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org