A little background - I've been an aviation enthusiast for most all my 67years - free flight models, then R/C & flight sims, then joined EAA, now a regular volunteer at Airventure. I'm handy with tools, can drill or pop rivets with the best of 'em -lol - but am not a pilot and in fact have never even flown in a private aircraft. As such I don't belong to an EAA Chapter. I live within 10 minutes of Midway Airport on the S/W side of Chicago. Now that I am retired I find I have more free time than I need that I could put to good use for the right cause if not too far away.

All that to say I would truly like to be involved in the construction of a kit plane. I enjoyed being a TINY part of the 2014 1 week wonder at Oshkosh, and last year's wing assembly project. My financial reality dictates I will never be a kit owner or pilot but that does not prevent me from being close to airplanes.

Where would you good folks recommend someone start looking for builders who might welcome some free help to get their project built?