Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Membership Card

Sweet bejeezus man! NOT the urinal cake budget!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    They can save money by not sending me the cards at all. I've got enough other important stuff in my wallet.
    I keep a separate wallet for my flying stuff cards: AOPA, EAA Warbirds, CAP etc., also my CFI and Radio Operator card and the key card for the airport. That last one makes sure I have all that stuff when I attempt to commit aviation. It stays in my flight bag. (My Pilot Certificate stays with me at all times.) THAT SAID…not sending cards is an idea. United Airlines no longer sends a physical card. The mileage membership card is "virtual" as a page on their smartphone app. I think that other organizations I associate with could adopt that idea, too.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Sweet bejeezus man! NOT the urinal cake budget!!!!!
    Sometimes, sacrifices must be made.

This would lend itself to a member poll, though. All those who WANT fancy pictures on their cards can aim away from the cake, thus reducing, ummm, "erosion" and saving EAA the money to add the pictures. Those who don't care can boresight the cake.

Coming up with a way for female EAA members to participate in the poll is an exercise for the student.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Ideally, they'd set up the renewal process so that we could select from a set of images, or even use our own images. Would it be a nice program? Yes. Would it be worth cutting the AirVenture urinal cake budget in half in order to implement it? I dunno.....

Ron Wanttaja
    I'm with Ron, I like the idea but not at the expense of the urinal cake budget!

Seriously, I would love to have my Pacer or Fly Baby project on my Lifetime member card, or the option of no card at all. Many possibilities.

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

My little wallet has my driver's license, my pilot certificate, medical, carry permit, health insurance card and one credit card (and usually a folded up $100 bill).

My larger wallet has my folding money, an assortment of credit cards and all the ID cards I can't really do without.

My AARP card, my EAA card, my AOPA card, and any frequent whatever cards just go in the drawer. I've never had to show them. The reservation/boarding passes these days get tagged with your FF# and priority and my PreChek status. My flight bag also has my TWIC card which I use with security just so I don't risk compromise of any of my valuable ID info. The TWIC card really only legibly has my name on it. I guess it has a number on the back but it's way tiny.

Really outside of Oshkosh, I've never really needed to show my EAA card.

Good points here, so why have I been carrying around my EAA, AOPA, HAI cards and others for years? In the drawer now, I feel lighter already.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

I've never shown my EAA card even at Oshkosh. Registration knows I'm a member (it's in the computer). So do the gift shops. About the only time I needed to convince someone was to get my special "member lunch" deal at one of the brat stands. Even then I just showed them my volunteer badge.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I've never shown my EAA card even at Oshkosh. Registration knows I'm a member (it's in the computer). So do the gift shops. About the only time I needed to convince someone was to get my special "member lunch" deal at one of the brat stands. Even then I just showed them my volunteer badge.
    Yeah, but to speed things up for everybody else in line at registration, and the gift shops, I'll sacrifice and carry the card for a week.

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    The only time I carry my EAA card is for Oshkosh. Even then don't carry my Vintage card. Don't carry my AOPA or NRA or any other membership cards other than Costco.

Jim R
    Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
    N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
    N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)