Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Oshkosh Trams, Can we do Better!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Is there enough in the budget for one of THESE?
    I was going to try to suggest one of those aerial cable tram rides like they used to have in the Disney parks. I couldn't find any acquisition and maintenance costs for one of those though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    From the Main gate to the flight line it is 2,250 feet.
    When the walk from the parking lots (especially Orange lot) is added in, you could be looking at a mile walk to get to the center of the activity.
    There's not much in the way of east-west transportation. Maybe a run between the main entrance to Boeing Plaza would help. That taxiway is wide enough so the added vehicle probably wouldn't interfere with foot traffic much.

The real problem is that paying vendors wouldn't like being bypassed.

Maybe we should talk with those Hyperloop people.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 05-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Cary, It wouldn't bother me being called old, hell, I am, although I don't look it. LOL! In 2011 when we were there we were sitting at the food/bar tent watching the airshow when these 3 OLD dudes came ridding up on their electric scooters, complete with umbrellas. The last one ran into the second one as they parked. I told my buddy, look, it's the Hell's Angles !!! And he said, that's you in a few years. Ahhh, good times !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I told my buddy, look, it's the Hell's Angles !!!
    I'm in! We can get Ron W to join us and call ourselves 'right' 'acute' and 'obtuse' !!

Howdy, folks.

This will be my second Oshkosh (last year was my first). I'll be there the full week this time... super excited.

I dropped my name in the hat for driving a tram. Looking forward to giving back to the community and meeting some fine folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCostello View Post
    Howdy, folks.

This will be my second Oshkosh (last year was my first). I'll be there the full week this time... super excited.

I dropped my name in the hat for driving a tram. Looking forward to giving back to the community and meeting some fine folks.
    Expect to meet some fools, too.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Some extra flatbed trailers could be rented for the week. I wouldn't mind sitting on hay bales.

I've volunteered for several years now and my conducting work schedule for the 9 days I'm there came the other day via e-mail. A very nice mix of a.m. and p.m work which will provide lots of 'free time' to walk the grounds and enjoy the exhibits. I can hardly wait for it to begin. In truth I've never been up in a small plane in all my 68 years but I DO dearly luv me some airplanes and aviation in general and the opportunity to just be around them for a while each year is wondrous. It gladdens my aging soul.