Thread: I parked my Vintage Aircraft in GAC at #OSH16

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a 65 Cherokee 6 which would qualify as a "contemporary" in Vintage. First year I flew in to North 40 but made it a point to check out the VAC too. I found I preferred (although I have yet to actually try VAC) the N40 too. Mostly because of the N40's close proximity to stores off field. Quick and easy by bicycle. Also it seems as though the you could have some way to go, walking your bike at VAC to get on a road where you can ride it. No biking on the grounds of the airshow.

So far I have two signs. GAC first choice, and VAC in case N40 was ever full or too wet. For Sloshkosh had to go to Fon Du Lac.

I notice others have RV's in GAC too. Didn't ask but thought they probably felt the same way I did.

One thing that did strike me about VAC though was that it seemed more tree lined in some areas and a bit more scenic in some ways.

One of these times I am going to give VAC a try.

P.S. I definitely liked the shower house facility at the N40. I have always made it in on a Saturday and have been pretty close to it. Very clean and well kept.
    Last edited by RickFE; 08-28-2016 at 09:38 AM.