Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installation FAQs

Reinstall and enter the Activation Key in the form when it displays on your screen. That method worked for another member, yesterday.

Jeffrey, with your willingness to help and the inherent Time Zone differences, What hours GMT do you work at your job? Versus - What is the best time you might be online? I am operating in the US on the West Coast PST. I have loaded in to my World Clock - Israel Time to keep me honest. At the moment it says 8:30 at night your time.

John Cox at the beginning of a great journey

Can we install our EAA Solidworks license in a desktop and a laptop for the same user? Many high-end software packages allow this. It keeps the user from having to deactivate/reactivate the program between the two computers when traveling or going back and forth to the hangar.

Jim

I don't know about the EAA version but the normal product can be installed exactly as you describe.

What happens if you dont receive the 24 digit activation code?
    Using Gmail on Chrome.

I have installed the EAA Solid Works student version, but the program locks up when I try to open it. Same thing with eDrawings viewer. My computer uses Win7, Sp1, and seems to meet the other system requirements. Has anyone have an idea how to get it to work?
    Name:  SWproblem2.jpg
Views: 3349
Size:  71.3 KB
    The attached picture shows the error message when I cancel the program.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy1253 View Post
    What happens if you dont receive the 24 digit activation code?
    Using Gmail on Chrome.
    Send me an email and I will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaro View Post
    I have installed the EAA Solid Works student version, but the program locks up when I try to open it. Same thing with eDrawings viewer. My computer uses Win7, Sp1, and seems to meet the other system requirements. Has anyone have an idea how to get it to work?
    Name:  SWproblem2.jpg
Views: 3349
Size:  71.3 KB
    The attached picture shows the error message when I cancel the program.
    I haven't heard of this issue before. What do you mean by "seems to meet other system requirements". With other software programs, I've encountered similar errors when I have too many programs opened. It could also happen if you're at or below system requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by jliltd View Post
    Can we install our EAA Solidworks license in a desktop and a laptop for the same user? Many high-end software packages allow this. It keeps the user from having to deactivate/reactivate the program between the two computers when traveling or going back and forth to the hangar.

Jim
    You can install on another device that you own.

I recently installed this EAA Solidworks in my Dell laptop, Win 7-64 bit. I had no issues installing the program. Also no issue with opening Solidworks. But when I went to open a new drawing the program just crashed, repeatedly. I found a diagnostic stating the NVIDIA Gforce 9800M GTX display card is not on some list. This display card works fine for every other program but apparently not with Solidworks.
    Regards,
    CharlieN
    President Chapter 968
    Greenmountainflyers.com
    Scratchbuilding a Piper J4 lookalike.