Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation FAQs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by bhcishere View Post
    Name:  SolidWorks Error.png
Views: 4354
Size:  5.7 KB

Never installed prior to this. On program startup it keeps asking to activate. I have verified the key several times. Don't know what else to try.
    Did I somehow end up installing the wrong version?
    I think you may have. Uninstall Standard and follow the link in the email we sent you to download and install SOLIDWORKS Student Design Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    I think you may have. Uninstall Standard and follow the link in the email we sent you to download and install SOLIDWORKS Student Design Kit.
    Tried again using only the link in the email with a clean uninstall. Same results. Looks like I'm stuck with just a 30 day trial.

Quote Originally Posted by bhcishere View Post
    Tried again using only the link in the email with a clean uninstall. Same results. Looks like I'm stuck with just a 30 day trial.
    Could you please email me your activation key so I can check it?

Just started the download/install process. Got the 1st ~20meg batch of install files. When I clicked on 'sldIM.exe', I was given 4 choices: individual, Administrative image, server products, and 'download and share all files'.

I'd like to install on both my home desktop and my shop desktop (both on the same LAN). Anyone know which type of install to pick?

Thanks,

Charlie
    Last edited by rv7charlie; 02-01-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Tried several times to install but a third of the way it stops and shows "internal error....Windows installer.... did not run as expected...contact technical support.... need to provide installation log files (which I have saved)..
    Thanks for your help,
    Karen

Sorry for the delay in responding. Please confirm via email if any of the solutions I recommended via phone work. In the meantime, I will check the log file you send for a probable cause.

Quote Originally Posted by rv7charlie View Post
    Just started the download/install process. Got the 1st ~20meg batch of install files. When I clicked on 'sldIM.exe', I was given 4 choices: individual, Administrative image, server products, and 'download and share all files'.

I'd like to install on both my home desktop and my shop desktop (both on the same LAN). Anyone know which type of install to pick?

I registered with my new number. Did the lengthy download. When I try to run the software I get a message concerning the SQL Server. I don't understand what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrie Caudill View Post
    I registered with my new number. Did the lengthy download. When I try to run the software I get a message concerning the SQL Server. I don't understand what that means.
    Do you have an error code? Can you email the install log so I can check errors? Installation logs are typically here: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\SOLIDWORKS\Ins tallation Logs

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    I'm no expert on Windows 10 but maybe this will help:

Before you do something drastic (like re-installing W10), try going into the registry editor (regedit) and choose Edit>Find>solidworks​.
    Delete the first entry regedit finds and then press Fn/F3 to find the next instance and repeat. There are quite a lot!! (I found about 50 before I stopped looking) But sometimes they appear under folders that you can delete all-at-once.

Having said that I've never been in your situation before, I've never done the above suggestion before, and I'm not even sure it will work. So let me know the result before you call your solicitor

Regards, Jeffrey