Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Installation FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Meyer View Post
    I think I mentioned this before - perhaps in another topic.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the SW Student edition lags behind the commercial edition. A bit like buying bread - If you want today's bread, come tomorrow.
    So use your serial number to install SW 2020 (instead of 2021).
    Let us know how it goes.
    Hello and thanks for the info. I am fine with SW 2020. It took a second to realize I needed to go back to https://www.solidworks.com/sw/education/SDL_form.html to be able to select the 2020 option. Thanks for your help!

How long does it typically take for the EAA serial number? I submitted my request via the EAA website a couple of days ago and have not gotten anything. I checked my spam folder.

Oddly, the page says "Please fill out the form to access 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers at a 50% discount".

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Unfortunately I'm not the guy to speak to about this and I don't know who is

So I have had it installed for a year and a half now but for some reason when I try I get a System Error "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. I've attempted to modify and install the files I was missing but I keep getting that error. I then tried repair and I get "Internal Error: The Windows Installer for this product component did not run as exprected: INSTALL." It then tells me to contact technical support but I don't think we get tech support on the edu sooooo I'm kinda stuck here hoping someone has a clue. My version is good until Dec of this year.

Figured it out. Was a driver error. Updated latest windows and Nividia Driver. Dang Quadros are finicky.
    Last edited by Drake Firebreed; 08-17-2021 at 10:47 AM.

I have not been able to find a link and instructions to download Solidworks. I sent an email to contact EAA and received this information: CSE: 4SX3J2, TKT: ocfRa0 and this link: http://www.eaa.org/solidworks which does not have links or instructions. SOLIDWORKS Info 2019.pdf I'm not sure how to proceed.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern64 View Post
    I have not been able to find a link and instructions to download Solidworks. I sent an email to contact EAA and received this information: CSE: 4SX3J2, TKT: ocfRa0 and this link: http://www.eaa.org/solidworks which does not have links or instructions. SOLIDWORKS Info 2019.pdf I'm not sure how to proceed.

John

Hi John,

The new access instructions for SOLIDWORKS can be found here - https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membersh...-software-form

Once you fill out the form, you will be able to download a PDF with the instructions.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!
    David

The hyperlinks in the pdf did not work for me. (There were no links)

does anyone have the download instructions for SW.
    I purchased the license a month or so ago and deleted the email.
    I want to load it on a laptop I just purchased.
    Emails I have sent to Cory seem to to keep getting kicked back
    Adam Rigden
    EAA 1051976

You might have better luck sending a Private Message to David Leiting (see post #96, above, and click on his name). If that doesn't work, you might try calling the phone number that Cory listed in post #47, on page 2 of this thread; perhaps it will still ring in the correct EAA office.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Cory is with EAA any longer. I have a vague memory of receiving an email or PM from him more than a year ago in which he told me that he was no longer an employee.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings