Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activation key problem ...

After reading mooneymike's post (#7), I went back and checked the Spam folder in my Gmail account and found the message with the serial number. So, it looks like Gmail email addresses are okay.

All, I did use my GMail account and found it in the SPAM folder.... but...... Now my question is:

When I start up the program, not the player that also gets installed, it turns around and asks if I want to Activate Now or later and use the 30-day grace period.
    I clicked the activate now and I get another registration box with a bunch of education-institutional questions, such as your school when to graduate, what classes are you taking....

I bailed out and went to the "register later", so I am assuming that you get an activation code to download and install, and then you get another to register the software.

Has anybody else gone past this step?

Keith
    N 38.9940
    W 105.1305
    Alt. 9,100'
    CH701 - scratch building

Quote Originally Posted by klavdivs View Post
    I have been going through the same mess now for a few days. I just tried registering with a "work" e-mail, but it has been several minutes now with nothing either. How long between registering for Solidworks and receiving the key e-mail?
    Email me if you still did not get the activation key via email. I can look you up and send the activation key.

Quote Originally Posted by ch701builder View Post
    When I start up the program, not the player that also gets installed, it turns around and asks if I want to Activate Now or later and use the 30-day grace period.
    I clicked the activate now and I get another registration box with a bunch of education-institutional questions, such as your school when to graduate, what classes are you taking....
    I bailed out and went to the "register later", so I am assuming that you get an activation code to download and install, and then you get another to register the software.
    You get one email from EAA with instructions on how to download the software and a unique EAA code. Those instructions contain the information you need to answer those registration questions. After you download the software on the SOLIDWORKS site, you should get an email from SOLIDWORKS with a 24-digit key to activate the software. If you didn't get that key, check your email spam folder in Gmail, bulk in Outlook, or switch to another program if you are using Yahoo.

Hi Cory,
    I guess my question is: what do I put into the Solidworks question/answer dialog box before they send me an activation code;
    What is my school name, Major, year of graduation..... These are different than the EAA questions.

Thanks,
    Keith

I have tried to attach a screen snipet snapshot of the SOLIDWORKS Product Activation dialog box asking for questions stated above, but it says I have 420003 characters and needed to shorted to 10000 characters.
    but anyway what do I fill into these questions?

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by ch701builder View Post
    Hi Cory,
    I guess my question is: what do I put into the Solidworks question/answer dialog box before they send me an activation code;
    What is my school name, Major, year of graduation..... These are different than the EAA questions.

Thanks,
    Keith

I have tried to attach a screen snipet snapshot of the SOLIDWORKS Product Activation dialog box asking for questions stated above, but it says I have 420003 characters and needed to shorted to 10000 characters.
    but anyway what do I fill into these questions?

Did you get this e-mail with instructions for downloading the software? The info you need is in this e-mail (blanked out in my image). After you fill out this dialog you will get a seperate a-mail with the 24 digit serial number / activation key

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vexkxmnza...tions.png?dl=0

Name:  Download Instructions.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  13.6 KB
    Last edited by AnnaWood; 08-11-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Noting the many instances of failure to receive the Student Design Kit Serial number from SolidWorks. I had the same problem, no response after several days.

Turns out my problem was somewhat similar to those having problems with yahoo mail. I am using an email re-director hosted by IEEE. This enables me use a single email address, but change the ultimate destination of my email between work and home, or in the event of a change in work or home address. Unfortunately it appears SolidWorks refuses to send their serial number email to such a redirected address (or they don't recognize ieee.org as valid). Either way, I had to use my Time Warner rr.com email address to get a response from SolidWorks. This response came within less than a minute of submittal.

Bob

Hi All,
    Yes, I did use that process, and that allowed me to download the program to install. Now it is asking me to register or use the 30-day free trial. When I go to register to enter the CODE, before I can get to the place it is asking for the CODE it comes up with another dialog box asking for education institutional information. Example: the graduate year dropdown box doesn't even go as high as the EAA directions example showed to enter in the first time to get the original download code.
    Do I try to use the same answers again as the original EAA directions state to continue to register?

I guess what I am trying to ask is, I am having to enter my contact information in twice, but the SOLIDWORKS Product Activation Contact Information dialog box is different than the original EAA information. Is this correct?

Keith

All,
    I just went ahead and entered "what I thought was correct" into the 2nd set of dialog box questions and do have a successfully activated 1-yr of Solidworks.

Thanks for your support.

Keith