Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lousy wristbands this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    maybe they can just paint them on? Or would that get the thread deleted?
    That young lady painted on t-shirt thread was all in good natured fun and quite hilarious at times. I cannot believe the thinking and attitude of our Forum overseers that resulted in a conclusion that deemed it offensive or objectionable. Why Glory? Really Glory, I would like to hear the raison d'être for this bad judgement decision, IMHO.

I was the OP on that thread, Floatsflyer. I didn't see any replies before I logged off, and when I logged on today, it had been deleted. I am wondering why. None of the photos was obscene and I am honestly curious as to what was going on and if it was something Ford sanctioned. This was my 41st fly-in and I have never seen anything like what I saw Saturday. If EAA is okay with having a topless woman in body paint prancing around Boeing Plaza on the busiest day of the week, then the thread shouldn't have been deleted. If they aren't okay with things like that, then maybe they need to improve security. I might contact Ford and ask them if they know anything about it.

One person in our group lost her wristband after wearing it 4 days. She found a replacement band in a trash can and her hubby safety wired the ends together. Good to go.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that had an issue with their wristbands. I got mine Monday morning, and it fell off while I was sleeping Tuesday night. The snap part broke off, so I couldn't count on that to put it back on. Wound up taking it back to the admission gate along with my printed ticket (I ordered online in advance), and they gave me a new one. That one lasted me the rest of the week, but it came off really easy at the end -- normally I have to cut it off.

Perhaps it was a bad batch? Both my wife and I had no problems with the wristbands trough 8 days of wearing them. I actually preferred these over the paper type with the sticky back.

I was cleaning out the back of the plane getting it ready for annual and I found the missing wristband. It's there looking as unused as it was when it was given to me. It must have popped off while I was loading things into the plane. I've stuck it in with this year's participant plaque.

Just to chime in, I experienced similar wristband issues in previous years. Generally speaking, my wife and I have never had a problem, but one or two of our boys would figure out a way for the snap to pop open or the band to just break. When you are making, what, 250,000 cheap plastic devices, what is the acceptable quality control level that can be expected?
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

FWIW, I put mine on the Friday morning before and wore it some days after I got home, probably a total of 12-13 days, with no issues. I finally cut it off with a pair of scissors, and then had phantom wristband syndrome for the next few days.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

2013 was the only problem I've had, the snap came apart on Monday, they were very happy to replace my wristband at the booth in Scholler.

There was definitely a problem this year. My weekly band decoupled simply by pulling my jacket off. Upon close inspection it appeared that one of the fingers that hold the pin had been overstressed and was allowing the pin to slip out when tipped at a particular angle. It's possible that the overstress was caused by squeezing the two pieces too tightly or by a significant side-load on the pin button. Perhaps the dimensions of the pin have changed such that it is possible to force the larger shank of the pin past the fingers, or the plastic used is less resistant to deformation.

I returned it to Registration and was given a replacement. Perhaps they have records of how many were returned or declared lost.

-Chip-

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    So sorry to hear that and for the inconvenience! I'm passing along this feedback. Thank you!