Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lousy wristbands this year.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lousy wristbands this year.

Someone needs to figure out who produced the weekly wristbands and whack them hard. Normally, you can't ever open the snap on the wristband once it's closed (by design). This year both me and another volunteer had ours open on several occassions (in fact, I lost mine but it was on Sunday when nobody was checking them too hard). We had several other people come to Vintage and complain that they had lost theirs as a result (and in one case one previously worn one turned into our lost and found.

So sorry to hear that and for the inconvenience! I'm passing along this feedback. Thank you!

Interesting. Mine held in there well for 6-7 days with showers, etc. Just another data point.
    Bryan

Houston

I definitely saw more issues with the weekly wristbands this year than the prior few years. I'll be looking into this one too!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Interesting. Mine seemed the exact same as the others I've worn for the past 12 years. No probs here - had to cut the "rivet" off when I returned home.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I wore mine for 10 days this year with no problems. Got there Thurs eve before, put the wristband on Friday morning to make sure I didn't lose it, and had to cut it off after I got home Sunday evening. But I did have one come unsnapped on opening day a few years ago and was afraid I would have to buy another one, but after a thorough questioning about was I sure I had one, and was I sure I had it snapped properly, they gave me a new one.

maybe they can just paint them on? Or would that get the thread deleted?

There was definitely a problem this year. My weekly band decoupled simply by pulling my jacket off. Upon close inspection it appeared that one of the fingers that hold the pin had been overstressed and was allowing the pin to slip out when tipped at a particular angle. It's possible that the overstress was caused by squeezing the two pieces too tightly or by a significant side-load on the pin button. Perhaps the dimensions of the pin have changed such that it is possible to force the larger shank of the pin past the fingers, or the plastic used is less resistant to deformation.

I returned it to Registration and was given a replacement. Perhaps they have records of how many were returned or declared lost.

-Chip-

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    So sorry to hear that and for the inconvenience! I'm passing along this feedback. Thank you!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that had an issue with their wristbands. I got mine Monday morning, and it fell off while I was sleeping Tuesday night. The snap part broke off, so I couldn't count on that to put it back on. Wound up taking it back to the admission gate along with my printed ticket (I ordered online in advance), and they gave me a new one. That one lasted me the rest of the week, but it came off really easy at the end -- normally I have to cut it off.

1st wristband failure in 25+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Someone needs to figure out who produced the weekly wristbands and whack them hard. Normally, you can't ever open the snap on the wristband once it's closed (by design). This year both me and another volunteer had ours open on several occassions (in fact, I lost mine but it was on Sunday when nobody was checking them too hard). We had several other people come to Vintage and complain that they had lost theirs as a result (and in one case one previously worn one turned into our lost and found.
    Yes, my locking tab broke and disappeared without me noticing it gone, while I was at the museum on the 6th day. Fortunately an elderly gal saw the band dropped and informed me of it. Tried looking for an hour for the locking tab. And with no luck, I went up to ticket sales at the entrance to the museum to tell them of my situation. The was a "smart ass" guy there said there has never been a problem and insinuated I found the band and tried to use it to get in. I was so mad, I borrowed a stapler from the store and stapled the band on.