Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AV2017 Concert

AV2017 Concert

Jack announces Monday night concert for 2017 - BareNaked Ladies.
    http://www.barenakedladies.com/
    Good fit?

jim

If that happens, not a bad band. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them though. They really seem to be throwing things up on the wall and seeing what sticks. Seemed like they were getting on a roll a few years back and then the this year happened.
    I know it's all about the money. They will never have a top of the line band there. Way too much money. I remember the first 30 some odd years of the convention in Oshkosh being just fine without an opening night concert. I'd be fine without one again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Steber View Post
    I remember the first 30 some odd years of the convention in Oshkosh being just fine without an opening night concert. I'd be fine without one again too.
    Ditto.

They need to take a good look at the gray hair the majority of the attendees have. I heard that comment from quit a few people.

You do realize it is not about the gray hairs, don't you? It is about attracting the people who have a full head of hair, the younger crowd. I don't quite understand all the stink over an hours worth of entertainment. If you don't like something move on until it is over.
    Rick
    p.s. Don't get me wrong, I honestly could not care less if there was a concert or not. If it is there and I like the music I attend otherwise I get a jump on the shower and beer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    You do realize it is not about the gray hairs, don't you? It is about attracting the people who have a full head of hair, the younger crowd. I don't quite understand all the stink over an hours worth of entertainment. If you don't like something move on until it is over.
    Rick
    p.s. Don't get me wrong, I honestly could not care less if there was a concert or not. If it is there and I like the music I attend otherwise I get a jump on the shower and beer.
    Agree, big +1. This is precisely why there are menus in restaurants. Lots of choices because we all have different tastes. Answer this question grey hairs or close to it: do you attend Oshkosh because of the opening night concert band? I could care less as well about the nightly music entertainment with one exception-- It should be mandatory that the Lt. Dan Band plays every year!

1) +1 on Lt. Dan Band
    2) My daughter would have attended this year if we made it, just for the Monday concert. EAA mission accomplished, you attracted a young person.
    Rick

Byron J. Covey
    I remember the first 30 some odd years of the convention in Oshkosh being just fine without an opening night concert. I'd be fine without one again too.
    I would be fine without the PA system, except for playing the Star Spangled Banner and giving the names of the pilots in the airshow.

BJC

I know it's all about the money. They will never have a top of the line band there. Way too much money.
    Dierks Bentley last year was certainly a "top of the line" performer, and in my opinion was very entertaining (I do live in the South so country music is in my blood, haha) Its the first time I have ever gone to an "opening concert". I typically am not attracted to most of the performers, including this year and apparently, next year. Like others have said, its not really that much of a deal, we go there for the aviation, not 1hr of music. The performer has no bearing on my decision to attend OSH

I like the music offerings of the last few years! What I don't like is standing on the hot concrete to listen.
    Bryan

Houston