Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EAA Chapter 52

Update_ 3/25/17
    Well, the old " 52.org" site as we were getting new passwords and such set up the originator of the site logged on and stripped out the files. Ass you may know maintaining an existing site is pretty easy - BUT creating one from scratch is a big project. So, we are at ground zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    Update_ 3/25/17
    Well, the old " 52.org" site as we were getting new passwords and such set up the originator of the site logged on and stripped out the files. Ass you may know maintaining an existing site is pretty easy - BUT creating one from scratch is a big project. So, we are at ground zero.

Hi Jim,

I'm really sorry to hear that. While this may not seem helpful, if I tried to approach this with a 'glass half full' mentality, you do also have the opportunity to re-think how you want this listed. What info is truly critical and how to you make this as easy as possible to set up? I can think of many examples of chapters who predominantly maintain a Facebook presence that offers the important particulars (where you're located, when you gather, why you should join, what type of activities you do) and simply use it as an opportunity to share pictures/stories that demonstrate how fun it is to be a part of your chapter. It doesn't necessarily have to be all that complicated to be effective. Just throwing that out there! I'm happy to be a sounding board, as would the rest of our chapter staff to help you get your digital presence up and running.
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Just saw this - many family issues the last few months and just now in recovery to normal.
    Actually the chapter has a FB site but only 15% of our members are FB subscribers. ( it's a very aging group) I keep it very current with content adds at least once a day. [eaa chapter 52 sacramento] I have added a Blog to the National site to buffer not having a regular newsletter anymore. We are experiencing some issues with the Webs hosted site management but will address this in PM

The chapter has had a great year despite some challenges. We hosted the Big Ford TriMotor in February with great success for the community - operated right under the tower a KSAC right outside the restaurant. The annual Golden West flyIn was cancelled this year by airport improvements. This was a many decades community outreach event for the chapter with offering a mini- KidVenture activity area [ KidQuest ] and marshaling of aircraft. We were very active in the annual aviation awareness day at the capitol [Sacramento], Positive Altitude youth outreach, several tool box builds [Van's RV tool box] for an aviation charter school [they are going great guns on an RV-12] Cal Capitol Air Show chapter supported the flying in pilots with marshalling and VIP tent on the flight line. We hosted the usual pancake breakfasts throughout the summer and again included the "to order" omelets for an extra buck. We supported 2 youth to the Air Academy this year as well.
    Chapter 52, like most clubs ( in every interest area), is struggling with recruitment and retention.
    Last edited by Jim Heffelfinger; 09-27-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: updates

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    Just saw this - many family issues the last few months and just now in recovery to normal.
    Actually the chapter has a FB site but only 15% of our members are FB subscribers. ( it's a very aging group) I keep it very current with content adds at least once a day. [eaa chapter 52 sacramento] I have added a Blog to the National site to buffer not having a regular newsletter anymore. We are experiencing some issues with the Webs hosted site management but will address this in PM

The chapter has had a great year despite some challenges. We hosted the Big Ford TriMotor in February with great success for the community - operated right under the tower a KSAC right outside the restaurant. The annual Golden West flyIn was cancelled this year by airport improvements. This was a many decades community outreach event for the chapter with offering a mini- KidVenture activity area [ KidQuest ] and marshaling of aircraft. We were very active in the annual aviation awareness day at the capitol [Sacramento], Positive Altitude youth outreach, several tool box builds [Van's RV tool box] for an aviation charter school [they are going great guns on an RV-12] Cal Capitol Air Show chapter supported the flying in pilots with marshalling and VIP tent on the flight line. We hosted the usual pancake breakfasts throughout the summer and again included the "to order" omelets for an extra buck. We supported 2 youth to the Air Academy this year as well.
    Chapter 52, like most clubs ( in every interest area), is struggling with recruitment and retention.

Keep in mind, the goal of the Facebook page isn't to have your members be subscribers necessarily. The goal is to use this as a broadcasting tool to show people that don't know about your chapter how wonderful it is, what activities you do, when you do them, etc. An active Facebook page shows that your chapter is alive and busy, and the opposite is also true. If the page becomes stale and lacks regular updates, people will conclude that the chapter must no longer be active.

Again we're absolutely happy to help on that front, or any other topics you may have. Also, if you're looking to help re-energize the chapter, we're able to help you host an event to members near you to try to inject some youth and energy into the chapter. We are able to reach out to all members within a certain radius of your chapter to promote an event on your behalf. If that's something you'd like to pursue, just shoot me an email at ecernjar@eaa.org.

Thanks!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654