Thread: Gravel or Pave Main Aisles in Grass Lots

Gravel or Pave Main Aisles in Grass Lots

The main aisle in grass lots need paved or graveled. This is an improvement that's needed. Funding could be obtained through sponsors and naming the lots after sponsoring business or individuals. Families in particular would appreciate this. Walking to the bus in the mud with children isn't a pleasant experience.

Name:  P1080197.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  94.6 KB

Woodstock!

Those may be agricultural fields when the show isn't on. Cows can't graze on gravel/asphalt. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Those may be agricultural fields when the show isn't on. Cows can't graze on gravel/asphalt. ;-)
    The parking lots and campgrounds are not used for agricultural use outside Oshkosh week, just open fields. They do let the grass grow for the most part and cut and bale it a few weeks before the show.

That "grass" is likely an agricultural product. There's no need to bale clippings otherwise. Certainly the aircraft parking area is cropped. Hell Green Acres was still pretty much a corn field three months ago.

The owner of the airpark where I live bales some grass area's once a year. I asked him about this. He told me it has to do with taxes. If he did not bale these area's at least once a year the taxes would be different. It has to do with the classification of the land.