Thread: What radio channel?

What radio channel?

I'm asking what channel's do pilots use flying to Airventure? I live 50 miles south of Oshkosh so we get lots of air traffic over us, I have a powered parachute (I do not fly this week, to busy for me) But besides the radio on the unit I have a hand held for someone on the ground that I would like to listen to any chatter. I could scan but I think I miss a lot when its going through all the channels where I can program the most common ones and just scan those. Thank You and hope all have a fun and safe time.

Fisk App: 120.7
    TWR North: 118.5
    TWR South:126.6

you our can find other frequencies of interest in the NOTAM on the site.

Thank You RickFE!

It may be hard to hear on the Oshkosh freqs if you are on the ground 50 miles South. You may hear the planes mic clicking on FISKE approach.

I'd also try the temporary FLD tower at 120.4, MKE app on 127.0.

Another to listen on is the air to air freq of 122.75 as the formation/buddy flights approach or depart Oshkosh.

Go to http://www.liveatc.net/ and type in KOSH as the airport. You'll then get the option to listen to all the chatter. If you have a smartphone, there's also an App for LiveATC. I've caught all the action this week on the app.