Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And The Announcement is..

Install Options

Where to go see if it can be installed on a 64g USB3 stick or another 120g SSD. Instead of C: ? I keep looking..... Roger

Quote Originally Posted by mooneymike View Post
    I was able to run the installer, but never received an email with the serial number to validate the installation. I waited over a day after the first submission...after no response, I went through the process again using a different email address, still with no luck! Anyone with any ideas?D

Thanks much...
    I'm in the same boat. I'm running Windows 10, with MS Edge. Filled out the forms twice, no second email with pin. Anyone run into this and resolve the issue. Left a message with DS sales/support, but I doubt we are a high priority for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lhusser View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm running Windows 10, with MS Edge. Filled out the forms twice, no second email with pin. Anyone run into this and resolve the issue. Left a message with DS sales/support, but I doubt we are a high priority for them.
    Let me know if you hear anything from DS support...I filled out the form once again, and still no second email!

Thanks...

Let me know if you hear anything from DS support...I filled out the form once again, and still no second email!

Thanks...
    Got the email. I had been using the new outlook. Switched to gmail (with a proper SPAM folder), and had received it as SPAM. Outlook's Bulk Mail folder is assembling a nice collection of Donald J Trump self-fundraising letters, "Canada Pharmacy" opportunities, and potential hot dates..but nothing from DDS.

The second email with the PIN also states there is not technical support for the Student Edition, just their forums.

Thanks...
    If you continue to run into problems after trying something other than Outlook (as mooneymike suggests) and checking your spam folder, please let me know via private message and I will try to get your activation key and send it via attachment to an email for you. Thanks!

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer
    Roger,

I do not believe it will run off a USB stick. You can install unto a drive other than C. However, it will still throw a few directories in the C drive. For sure there are directories created under your Windows C:\Users\userid\AppData folders.

Paul,
    So were you actually able to obtain a license for and INSTALL the "SolidWorks Electrical Design"?

My install package provides a check box for installing, then asks for a license key. I put in the license key for the SolidWorks Student Edition and it rejects it...saying I need a unique serial no for each product. I saw your later post on only being able to install the Student Edition...but wondering if anyone was also able to install the "Electrical Design" option.

Thanks,
    Howard
    Last edited by hplevyak; 08-04-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks...
    After trying a Hotmail and several Comcast email addresses, I finally signed up for a Gmail account and the activation key email went to the spam folder. For some reason, none of my other address ever received the activation key email... Hope this helps.

Paul,

I have downloaded the 2019 EAA SW version and it does not have Simulation or even SimulationXpress on it as best I can tell. I was not given any options to select any of the things you indicated you were offered. I had done this also in late 2017 (right after SW was made available to EAA members) but some incompatibility of that version with my video card ultimately caused me to give up on being able to run Solidworks at all. I was told that Simulation was not available in the EAA package so I gave up until just recently seeing if things had changed since then. My video card seems to be working with this version but still am not seeing any Simulation capabilities available. Any help would be most appreciated.

George Moore

It does include Xpress simulation. Here is the full list of features (EAA Members received Standard): https://www.solidworks.com/sites/def...Matrix-ENG.pdf

To open Xpress, click on the Evaluate tab, next to Sketch tab. If Evaluate is not open, right click on Sketch and select Evaluate.