Thread: Parking at AirVenture - Monday 7/25

Parking at AirVenture - Monday 7/25

Listening to the FISK radio early Monday morning (8 am CDT), there is no General Aviation Parking, some General Aviation Camping and no twin parking unless you have a hard surface reservation. Controller mentioned that the rain had messed things up. I heard one very sad twin person express their regrets as the controller told them to try Fond-Du-Lac.

At 8:45 CDT, they just said camping and parking at airport is full, unless you have a reservation. They said try Appleton or Fond-Du-Lac.
    Last edited by mcdewey; 07-25-2016 at 07:50 AM.

I just heard (9:42 CDT) the controller at FISK say camping at Vintage and homebuilt are open; other folks need a reservation. Sounds like the controllers have been getting calls occasionally from EAA giving the parking status.

I'm always impressed with the controllers' professionalism, courtesy and cheerfulness, even during the morning rush.

I went to FLD, the bus worked fine. I was hoping to get into OSH for just day parking. I guess it's better than getting stuck in the mud at OSH?

The WX was ideal, had a great time.

Glad that it worked out for you. I couldn't make it this year, so I've been listening to the radio. The controllers mentioned that they were told fly-in attendance was up this year.