Thread: Lifetime Members Dinner

Lifetime Members Dinner

Anyone know who the speaker is for the Lifetime Members Dinner?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    Anyone know who the speaker is for the Lifetime Members Dinner?
    According to EAA website research, it's Col. Chris Stricklin. Hah? Who? He'll talk about U-2 and unmanned RQ-4 Global Hawk operations in current world conflicts. Perfect, relevant guest speaker for a general aviation and experimental homebuilders audience, don't ya think?

I personally attended one of these a few years ago where Burt Rutan was the keynote and that was a great and relevant night.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Perfect, relevant guest speaker for a general aviation and experimental homebuilders audience, don't ya think?
    I don't know. Gene Krantz spoke last year and it was all about Apollo 13.
    I've never seen anyone disperse so much in so little time without so much as a single stammer. I thought I was drinking from a firehose.

I'm not a lifetime member (yet) and have managed to attend as a guest. Next year I plan on having my own credentials.

Tom

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I don't know. Gene Krantz spoke last year and it was all about Apollo 13.Tom
    That was still about civil aviation and a hugely interesting fly-on-the-wall first person account of a dramatic historical event. I don't believe a lecture on militaristic exploits in war zones is what EAA is about or desired by members. Who at HQ thought it was? Maybe I'm wrong but not about my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I personally attended one of these a few years ago where Burt Rutan was the keynote and that was a great and relevant night.
    I was at that one. And yeah, it was a great presentation. I've been to a couple since that were also good presentations.

Keep in mind that the U-2 and RQ-4 are warbirds. IIRC, warbirds are still part of the EAA mission.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.