Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 AirVenture Webcam Feeds

Guys,
    Just a FYI, trying to watch the feeds on the Amazon Firestick using the YouTube app no longer works. Just a pixelated green screen. Not a big deal, I just hooked my laptop up to the tv.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Guys,
    Just a FYI, trying to watch the feeds on the Amazon Firestick using the YouTube app no longer works. Just a pixelated green screen. Not a big deal, I just hooked my laptop up to the tv.
    Rick
    Thanks Rick,

I am having the same issue with chromecast. That is a youtube issue. We will try to look into that as well.

Update on the Central Vintage Camera Feed. We think it may have been hit by lightening. We have no communication with the camera from the base of the tower and don't have access to the camera 65 feet up. The power supply that is where we can get to it, does light up when plugged in, but we do have a replacement power supply on order to be delivered Monday morning. I hope that will fix it, but it is a long shot at this point.

Todd

At 65 feet in the air, it would be a miracle if at some point in time, one of these towers was NOT hit by lightning. I think we've been running pretty lucky to not have had this already happen. Nature eventually catches up. As they say, some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. The other two cameras are running great and keeping me more than busy.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

I have to say that I am really enjoying the Webcam Around the Grounds LiveStream notification system. No more check and re-check constantly to see if it's live. The notification just pops up on my screen and I can immediately go to the Webcams, Streaming, and LiveATC.net page and catch all the action. Great improvement. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, the LiveATC.net setup is greatly improved. I no longer have to "squeeze" down a full page merely to listen to one or more of the channels. They automatically popup in a little, space-saving window.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-24-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Thanks Rick,

I am having the same issue with chromecast. That is a youtube issue. We will try to look into that as well.

Update on the Central Vintage Camera Feed. We think it may have been hit by lightening. We have no communication with the camera from the base of the tower and don't have access to the camera 65 feet up. The power supply that is where we can get to it, does light up when plugged in, but we do have a replacement power supply on order to be delivered Monday morning. I hope that will fix it, but it is a long shot at this point.

Todd
    Lightening strike on the Central Vintage Camera.
    That is real bummer!
    Have you tried to see if there is voltage at the power supply.
    Other than that, if you can, try to procure a bucket truck. (Cherry Picker) and check out the camera.
    You might luck out, it might be a bad connection some where.
    If the the camera is smoked there is not much you can do other than replacing it with a new camera.
    Oh well, the other two cams are still working.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    At this point its have full.

Wrong,

As a side note, for those that simply cannot get enough live feeds, don't forget that there are many AirVenture attendees who are broadcasting on Periscope, or Meerkat, or even FaceTime. I think there's another one called Busker or something like that. I'm not very knowledgeable about FaceTime live video as I primarily use Periscope for finding relevant live feeds. Just enter EAA, or Oshkosh, or AirVenture into the search of those apps and there are many replays and if you follow the broadcaster you'll most likely catch some live feeds as well.

And to Todd and Paul and the gang, sorry for hijacking your thread for something not exactly what it was intended for. I just hope it was close enough and of enough relevant interest.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Vintage Tower Update.

We have great news. We have the Central Vintage Camera back online.

Todd

Very nice and good job folks! Enjoying the view!

I'm not sure if this is the right department, but I was looking through the Theater in the Woods schedule, and "Live broadcast" shows up as an event during the evening presentations except for Wednesday and Saturday. I know sometimes there are broadcast rights issues, but I would like to confirm that there will be a black rectangle for the feeds those nights, or was it simply not entered in the schedule?

I'm a bit surprised that the Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary, and Boeing 100th Anniversary presentations would have copyright issues.
    The other reason that those may not be sent over the wire is that they begin at 6:30 and 6:00 PM for the night air shows instead of 8:00 like other nights.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 07-25-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right department, but I was looking through the Theater in the Woods schedule, and "Live broadcast" shows up as an event during the evening presentations except for Wednesday and Saturday. I know sometimes there are broadcast rights issues, but I would like to confirm that there will be a black rectangle for the feeds those nights, or was it simply not entered in the schedule?

I'm a bit surprised that the Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary, and Boeing 100th Anniversary presentations would have copyright issues.
    The other reason that those may not be sent over the wire is that they begin at 6:30 and 6:00 PM for the night air shows.
    As far as we currently know, we will be streaming theater presentations wed and saturday. Or at least up until the airshow, as they run on the same service. We will verify with the theater manager, but we are planning on streaming.