Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 AirVenture Webcam Feeds

Todd,
    warbird camera is looking great now.
    Thanks Again
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Todd Ritzman,

Just curious, When viewing the webcams, why does Firefox and Chrome use the HTML5 player and IE uses the Adobe flash player?
    Does it have something to do with the YouTube Live stream and how IE handles that stream?
    When I play non-live streaming video content on YouTube, IE uses the HTML5 player.
    IE gives me only the one Adobe flash player option.

When I link to the webcams using IE, it briefly displays texts telling me I need Adobe Flash to view this video.
    At the same time, the player is buffering, then video appears.

When I first linked to the north webcam this morning using IE the video started blocking.
    Then I got a blue screen message telling me that windows 7 had to shut down to protect the computer. Weird!
    After a couple reboots I got the computer up and running. I was starting to getting a Little nervous.
    All I would get is a black screen. All is well now.

After I got the computer back up I went back to the north webcam link and it started to do the same thing.
    I checked to see if my flash player was up to date and it wasn't, so I up dated.
    The webcam links seem to be working now using IE.
    But I still get that brief text that is telling me I need Adobe Flash to view this video.

The status on the webcams performance, is that they all are showing full motion video.
    And I notice that the north webcam aspect ratio is fixed, it now fills the entire player. Boarder to boarder.

All of the above was directly from the YouTube EAA Streaming Media pages.
    Not the embedded EAA website webcam page.

I think I'm going stick with using Firefox and Chrome, IE scares me.

Good Job
    Wrong,
    IE Scares me to, I use chrome 99.9% of the time. Only when I have to do I use IE.

I get the same message when opening the feeds in IE about needing the flash player. The distribution from youtube to the end viewer/software/device is completely controlled by YouTube. We do not have any control of those type of settings.

Last night we switched the North Warbird camera over to my server which I am running a different version of software that allows me to resize the video to fit the standard YouTube player at the same time we also implemented the new encoding which has smoothed out the video, but it also will restrict us from remotely controlling and programming the cameras (now using all the bandwidth for the video). So we now have to go to each location and plug in to make any setting changes. The system now has to behave at least until Friday when we start arriving for the week.

Todd

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    I know Hal had nothing to do with it. I was just trying to interrupt his day. I am sure 'senior editors' are very busy editing stuff and drinking coffee. <sarcasm>.
    Rick
    p.s. Very nice to hear from you Hal........
    You too, Rick!

To give you an idea how busy I am, I just accidentally drank some stuff and edited some coffee!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

For some reason after switching the North Warbird camera over to the new encoding, some players and devices have been having issues playing this stream, some of which Wrongway pointed out earlier. I have created a new feed on YouTube, those of you that are watching through the EAA Webcam page will not have to do anything different as we will update the link there, however if you saved a shortcut to the YouTube page for this camera, you will have to make a new shortcut. Hopefully this change will fix the issues, it did fix the ones that I was able to see from my computer.

Todd

I'm loving the webcams but it looks like all the webcams are stuck at about 2:42 am last night. They were working fine yesterday and have been great!

Sorry...they're working fine now. It's like watching a beehive with people scurrying around instead of bees.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdewey View Post
    Sorry...they're working fine now. It's like watching a beehive with people scurrying around instead of bees.
    Sorry about the cameras being frozen, at least it happened overnight. I think the cameras lost power in Oshkosh for a little while since they all stopped at the same time. When this happens our media server does not automatically reconnect (even though it is suppose to), so we have to manually go back and start it up. I noticed that they were not streaming just before leaving home for OSH, so reset them a little before 8AM. We will do our best to monitor the feeds throughout the day.

I am now onsite in Oshkosh and the other volunteers of Streaming Media will be showing up over the next few days.

This morning some of the equipment was installed in the control tower for the Airshow stream, hope to test that Sunday morning.

The Airshow, Roaming Feed, and Theater in the Woods feeds will not be hosted on YouTube. The best place to find them will be www.airventure.org/webcams (Links will be added as they become ready to stream), but can also be found at https://livestream.com/accounts/4758466

Todd

Todd,
    a request for the future. Would it be possible to have a camera out at 36 for viewing arrivals? I understand the logistics, more of a curiosity than a need.
    thanks
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Todd,
    a request for the future. Would it be possible to have a camera out at 36 for viewing arrivals? I understand the logistics, more of a curiosity than a need.
    thanks
    Rick
    We have tried to get cameras out closer to the runways, but as you said, the logistics of it is difficult, especially if it is live video. There is also a safety factor that has to be considered.

Starting last year we did a roaming camera around the grounds and those volunteers do spend time just watching the runway activity along with their many other activities they try to catch each day.

We have ideas we would like to try, but in order to do much of it we have to get approvals from several different organizations.

I will try to program two of the cameras to give more time on the runways.

Todd

We are also experiencing an issue with the central "Vintage" camera. It is currently offline and we are unable to remote in. Todd is onsite and we are attempting to troubleshoot and remedy the issue, but at first glance it's going to be offline awhile.