Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 AirVenture Webcam Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    I did verify what you described on my machines too. EAA and I discussed this today and we don't exactly know why it is happening, but I have been told that they have come up with a work around and have implemented it.

Todd
    Well, that's just kewel beans, Todd. I wasn't really expecting anybody to do anything as it wasn't a big deal to go to YouTube and go FullScreen there. But, as usual, you guys outdid yourselves and whatever EAA did is working so that one can go FullScreen right on the feed. You guys (and gals) are all just finer than frog's hair.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Well, that's just kewel beans, Todd. I wasn't really expecting anybody to do anything as it wasn't a big deal to go to YouTube and go FullScreen there. But, as usual, you guys outdid yourselves and whatever EAA did is working so that one can go FullScreen right on the feed. You guys (and gals) are all just finer than frog's hair.
    Thanks. And you know not many people know about that finer than frogs hair thing, but I have been hearing it more lately.

Todd,
    While I have never had any complaints about the webcams (Except for the year you kids tried the pay for play). I have to say you are really on top of the cams and the user issues. EXCELLENT work!!!! Thank you. In the FYI area, Everything is working great on my iPad, laptop and Amazon Firestick using the You Tube app. The streams are smooth (last time I looked the Warbird cam was a little jerky) and I love the ability to go back and re-visit something.
    Thanks Again
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Todd,
    While I have never had any complaints about the webcams (Except for the year you kids tried the pay for play). I have to say you are really on top of the cams and the user issues. EXCELLENT work!!!! Thank you. In the FYI area, Everything is working great on my iPad, laptop and Amazon Firestick using the You Tube app. The streams are smooth (last time I looked the Warbird cam was a little jerky) and I love the ability to go back and re-visit something.
    Thanks Again
    Rick
    Rick,

Thank you. Glad to hear it is working for you and you are enjoying them. Also we changed the encoding method last night on the warbirds after running tests on the other 2 cameras for a few days. You will find that it pans a lot smoother now, just makes it we have problems to remote into the cameras to make adjustments now.

Todd

PS, our volunteer group was not any part of those kids.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Todd Ritzman,

Just curious, When viewing the webcams, why does Firefox and Chrome use the HTML5 player and IE uses the Adobe flash player?
    Does it have something to do with the YouTube Live stream and how IE handles that stream?
    When I play non-live streaming video content on YouTube, IE uses the HTML5 player.
    IE gives me only the one Adobe flash player option.

When I link to the webcams using IE, it briefly displays texts telling me I need Adobe Flash to view this video.
    At the same time, the player is buffering, then video appears.

When I first linked to the north webcam this morning using IE the video started blocking.
    Then I got a blue screen message telling me that windows 7 had to shut down to protect the computer. Weird!
    After a couple reboots I got the computer up and running. I was starting to getting a Little nervous.
    All I would get is a black screen. All is well now.

After I got the computer back up I went back to the north webcam link and it started to do the same thing.
    I checked to see if my flash player was up to date and it wasn't, so I up dated.
    The webcam links seem to be working now using IE.
    But I still get that brief text that is telling me I need Adobe Flash to view this video.

The status on the webcams performance, is that they all are showing full motion video.
    And I notice that the north webcam aspect ratio is fixed, it now fills the entire player. Boarder to boarder.

All of the above was directly from the YouTube EAA Streaming Media pages.
    Not the embedded EAA website webcam page.

I think I'm going stick with using Firefox and Chrome, IE scares me.

Good Job
    Wrong,

Rick,

Thank you. Glad to hear it is working for you and you are enjoying them. Also we changed the encoding method last night on the warbirds after running tests on the other 2 cameras for a few days. You will find that it pans a lot smoother now, just makes it we have problems to remote into the cameras to make adjustments now.

Todd

PS, our volunteer group was not any part of those kids.
    i know you had nothing to do with it. I am sure it was ALL Hal's fault. He strikes me as being a money grubbing devious person.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    i know you had nothing to do with it. I am sure it was ALL Hal's fault. He strikes me as being a money grubbing devious person.
    It wasn't me, either!

But I'm still billing you ten bucks for that comment...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    It wasn't me, either!

No, Hal was one of them that was to the rescue when that all occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    It wasn't me, either!

you can take it out of the $10 credit you still owe me from that debacle....... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........

No, Hal was one of them that was to the rescue when that all occurred.
    I know Hal had nothing to do with it. I was just trying to interrupt his day. I am sure 'senior editors' are very busy editing stuff and drinking coffee. <sarcasm>.
    Rick
    p.s. Very nice to hear from you Hal........