Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2016 AirVenture Webcam Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Todd,

I thought I'd pass on this little tidbit. Perhaps it can be helpful in some way. I was (and still am actually) watching the Live Webcam -Around the Grounds and they are interviewing the Emery Riddle people. At the same time, somebody with EAA Radio was also broadcasting part of the interview using Periscope.

What I observed is, that the Around the Grounds Live Webcam has/had severe audio issues. While the camera image is excellent, the audio keeps cutting in and out. You can hear the audio clearly for approximately 5 or 6 seconds or so, then it cuts out completely for a few seconds. It repeats this process continually.

On the other hand, the Periscope broadcast while not nearly as clear and sharp of an image (a bit fuzzy or blurry, actually), the audio is nevertheless pretty solid. There is very rare or occasional stuttering in the audio, for the most part it is steady enough to listen to and comprehend easily, unlike the Around the Grounds.

Just thought I'd pass this on for whatever it's worth as to troubleshooting or tweaking.

Russ
    Russ,

Thank you for that bit of information. I have passed this information onto our guys with the roaming equipment and maybe they can downgrade the output quality to help this. I will give you a bit of information on how we are doing the roaming feed and this may help understand why the quality can vary.

The equipment for the roaming is all personal equipment of a volunteer as well as most of the bandwidth to send the video out of the show. It is a HD camera that feeds into an encoder and then is sent out most of the time through a cell phone data plan. As you can imagine using a cell data connection both signal strength and data availability can very greatly based on the cell system load at the time. For the morning EAA Radio show, we have been able to connect to better internet connection and I have not seen much of any issues while reviewing those programs.

We are continually trying to improve what we can send out, but we have so many variables that are out of our control, we will experience some of these issues.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Experiencing extremely poor quality on the airshow feed.
    Rick,

I have gone back and reviewed the DVR recording that is on Livestream and that seems to be pretty good which says our upload to Livestream was good for the show. So I think the issue was caused by the distribution from Livestream to the end viewer. When this happens either try closing the browser and reloading the stream or rebooting the computer and starting it again and see if that helps. There has been several times as we watch the stream that we have to reload because it either is choppy or keeps buffering.

Todd

Todd,
    do you not stream the night show?
    Rick

No Saturday Night Airshow Livestream? Thought it was due to start at 8:Central...

9:50 EDIT: Found the livestream on "Around the Grounds" not the usual "Tower Videographer...."

10:pm EDIT: "Around the Grounds" feed is now offline, and switched to "Control Tower Videographer"...
    Last edited by WBNH; 07-30-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Can't see much of anything. Too dark.

Edit: Plus, the feed keeps dying.

2nd Edit: Feed seems more stable now and can see the planes with pyro attached.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-30-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Hopefully tonight's airshow stream issues were just glitches that can be ironed out for next year. I'd suggest the camera operator leave it zoomed out all the way for the fireworks and wall of fire next year....
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

Webcams are down now I guess. Keep going back watching stuff come down. Until next year when I can watch stuff go back up!!!

Thank you Todd, and all your helpers, for another great year of hard work and great images.

Quote Originally Posted by N3kf View Post
    Webcams are down now I guess. Keep going back watching stuff come down. Until next year when I can watch stuff go back up!!!
    Yesterday afternoon, the cameras were unplugged as they were doing the clean up and I have stopped the feed on the Ultralight and Warbird cameras as those areas were already pretty empty. I did get them to plug the Vintage camera back in last night and currently it is still streaming the area. I tried to log into the camera to just make it show Boeing plaza where the most activity now is, but it would not allow me to connect, so it is still on the tour. Hopefully it will stay powered until the towers are laid back down which usually happens within the week.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Thank you Todd, and all your helpers, for another great year of hard work and great images.
    Thank you for all the comments and watching the Live Feeds. It is the dedication and all the hours that the EAA Volunteers put in that makes the organization what it is!

As of yesterday there was 270,416 views of the feeds and 4,470,551 minutes of video watched from all the cameras.

Videos will stay on Livestream for about 2 months and can be found at https://livestream.com/accounts/4758466

Videos that were posted on YouTube can be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9D...NVP1n_NS6hhRTw

Todd